The Diesel Garage banner

DPF Delete HELP!!!!!

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  pyro2nite 
#1 ·
So my warrenty for my 2008 ford F350 6.4 has just expired so I want to DPF delete it, Im new to the whole DPF world so I need some help on deciding what to do.... The truck has 8 inches of lift and has 38x15.5x20 tires to push. I don't want anything to make the truck faster or more powerful just want the filter and codes GONE! First off what pipe should I go with? One that has the inserts for the sensors or will those not be needed since im going to have to Program/chip the truck to clear the codes... 2nd- What programmer should I use for the truck to clear the codes, I dont want anything to make the truck faster or more powerful like i said before just need the programmer to clear codes! Also has anyone ran into any problems when doing this mod and is there anything I shoud watch out for when doing this?
Thanks, Charles

#3 ·
Thanks for the info. I am thinking of doing the H&S mini maxx with a cat/dpf delete. I was wondering with running the mini maxx will i need a egr delete and also will i need to delete the egr cooler and the one on ethe motor? also what is Pryo? have has some people told me to buy a tunner with pryo and cant figure out what pryo is...

#4 ·
I have not done the EGR delete on mine, as that is more of a project than I want to do with a still warrantied motor.

A pyrometer measures exhaust gas temperature so you don't melt the girl to a molten pool of metal pourin' on all that extra fuel. This would have to be added in on the ole 7.3L days, but the 6.4L comes from the factory installed with thermocouples, and all these fancy tuners can read 'em.

Adrianspeeder

#5 ·
I have heard if the egr and the egr cooler arnt deleted when you do a dpf and cat delete the truck blows hot air to the turbo's and will hurt the truck. Not sure if this is true im just trying to make sure when I do my dpf and cat delete and run H&S mini maxx that i do no blow my motor...

#6 ·
Because the engine dumps raw fuel into two cylinders during regen, the exhaust flowing into the turbo will be hotter. You can confirm this if you had a way of reading the pyro1 and pyro2 temps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.