The Diesel Garage banner

Government trucks

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  hillbilli 
#1 ·
Been pokin around a few 6.4L Air Force crew cabs we have runnin' around base, and to my surprise they don't have a DPF. Kinda a hack job welded in pipe in place. Wonder how they tuned 'em?

Adrianspeeder

#2 ·
All of ours out at F.E Burn Em LOL had the dpf intact they just were cracked and smoke like crazy. To answer tuning i have no idea...

#3 ·
Thats interesting. I checked out some AF crew cabs in Nevada several weeks ago and they all had the DPF stuff intact. Ford can tune them for no DPF, like out of country sales etc. Maybe the AF convinced them they were staying on base, never seeing public highway. Keep checking. Might come up with an interesting answer.

#5 ·
Well i would assume they would have to meet EPA due to the fact most AF or Armed Forces vehicles get sold or replaced at 100k...just a thought curious but i would never buy a used military vehicle with some of the retards in the service today able to operate a vehicle on or off base.

#8 ·
All stateside govt vehicles should be equip with dpf's/egr's and any other environmental constraint, unless that vehicle is designated as "military purpose" (HMMVW, M923, M915 etc...) or "off road." Any vehicle oversees is left to follow the host nations environmental policies and laws, many of which have none or very little constraints.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.