The Diesel Garage banner

AFE air intake alert!!!!!!

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  BriteWhiteRam 
#1 ·
Ok,forgive me for a long rant in advance,but all diesel modders need to know about this experience ive had with AFE advanced flow engineering....
In 2009 i had a stage 2 cold air box professionally installed by a tech at altitude adjustments in red deer alberta...cost of $900....now to fast forward to january of this year,the small rubber grommet under the tube going from the box to the turbo had broken off from the rubber detiorating...the grommet was ingested by my turbo,shattering all the fins,thereby going into my intercooler.After further investigation i found all the rubber involved in this AFE product had detiorated to the point of cracking and breaking.Cost of repairs,$2600!!!I took a bunch of photos,letters from mechanic along with bill,my receipt from install and sent it all to warranty department of AFE after calling them thats what they told me to do.I just received a letter today stating they will not cover any repairs or even replace my broken crappy intake that i have now.THIS PRODUCT HAS A LIFETIME WARRANTY......I called for 5 months,just to be ignored and pushed aside.Basically AFE doesnt back their product or have any customer service whats so ever.Anyone with this product in their truck,be weary,and anyone looking at purchasing mods,stay clear of this product as well.........

#2 ·
Yeah I don't know why you bought AFE, they aren't very good. S&B are a better system

#3 ·
thats Unfortunate that they wont back their product, and thanks for the Heads up:wave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.