Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com - View Single Post - Scotts L2048 Transmission Failure
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2012, 04:25 AM Thread Starter
neeltburn
ADMIN/MAFIA

Garage
Scotts L2048 Transmission Failure

Well it happened tonight, the transmission/Transaxle a Tuff Torq K46AC failed tonight. I was backing in the yard barn and it was puking fluid. I got the polaris and towed it to the garage and tore it down. It windowed the bottom of the case. so I pulled the trans and pulled the lower cover and found a planetary gear on the final drive gear failed. The lawn tractor has 454.2 hours of it some of which doing more than you should have ask for it to do. Deere ( who it was made for) specs the new trans at 670.82 for a complete new one. Just by looking at Tuff Torq's site I can get all the parts necessary to rebuild it for about 350-400 bucks with putting a new pump it in as well. I hate to say this is the end for the scotts but I will be checking with my Deere dealer tomorrow to see what a finish belly mower would cost for my JD 2305. Its kinda a coin toss at this point as I hate to put the money in the transaxle and have the motor fail.

"Only accurate rifles are interesting" -Townsend Whelen

2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Big Horn
6.7L 68RFE 4wd
Yeah its stock.
Edge Insight CTS / Line-X / Access Bed Cover
B&W Turnover Ball / Companion Hitch
Pac Brake Air Bags
On Board Air
Optima Redtop 34Rs

2010 John Deere 2305
2010 Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited Rubicon/ Tuned with some toys.
2016 Keystone Impact 311 Toyhauler

9-11-2001 NEVER FORGET

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome