The Diesel Garage banner

'81 Peterbilt 362

9K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Mee 
#1 · (Edited)
This is my dads truck. He bought it a couple years ago cuz he got a good deal on it and we've done little to it besides have the wheels polished and a new set of rubber. The truck is really strait and tight but has been sitting for a number of years. It has a 400hp A Cat and a 13 speed. I recently acquired access to a shop so I'll be working at getting this truck road ready. The plan is to swap out the fuel tanks to some nicer ones and move them to the stock location, mount a set of full fenders, and swap the running gear out to a 3406B and 15 speed.

See less See more
#6 ·
They have never made a low inertia 15spd, it would either be a RT, RTO, or a RTX.

#10 ·
An overdrive 9 or 10 should be up against the dash, a RTX has the top plate changed to allow a normal shift pattern.

#13 ·
Sweet looking 362. I'm a cabover fan. My dad had them in the 70's so I grew up around them. His even had a similar paint design to your dad's. I have an 80 352 with a V-8 cat in it that I want to do a restification on when time and money allows. Have fun with it. Those are cool rides!

RF

#15 ·
This is my dads truck. He bought it a couple years ago cuz he got a good deal on it and we've done little to it besides have the wheels polished and a new set of rubber. The truck is really strait and tight but has been sitting for a number of years. It has a 400hp A Cat and a 13 speed. I recently acquired access to a shop so I'll be working at getting this truck road ready. The plan is to swap out the fuel tanks to some nicer ones and move them to the stock location, mount a set of full fenders, and swap the running gear out to a 3406B and 15 speed.

Was just wondering if there was anything else you could tell me anything else I because me and my dad just bought this truck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.