The quiet generator - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by charlie g, this thread has received 0 replies and been viewed 1758 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-09-2011, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Lightbulb The quiet generator

How many of you enjoy a generator..they have some ultra quiet units out there but nothing is as quiet as solar.
I'm seeing some smart truckers and RV'ers who are running all of their many accessories..stereo,laptops,fantastic fans, sat systems and TV's completely off of the banks of deep cycle batts with an inverter separate from the starting battery.Hell highway trucks are becoming very RVlike..and why not? anyway they charge three ways (engine alt,electric umbilical cord but mostly solar ) managing charging the starting engine and house batts exactly where they need to be even on overcast days.

I know this ain't an RV forum but we aren't that far apart anymore.

I'm looking at putting a system on the coach since I need to buy 4 house and one 4D because of age so been looking for a system/kit that'll run all my usual stuff and even charge a few things like phone and laptop...any suggestions on a quality system if you've been thinking about this..hell even at home.
I've got a 6.5kw gennie but it's noisy when parked and I really only need it to run the roof ac's which I usually turn off at night and use the fantastic fan which is 12v..everything else is gas, this rig is getting off the grid!

Tags
alternate, batteries, deepcycle, solar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode