Anyone around or been through Pensacola lately? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by TooMuchBoost, this thread has received 11 replies and been viewed 1337 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

Anyone around or been through Pensacola lately?

My hurricane delayed trip resumes next Tuesday and I'm curious if there are any major roads washed out from Dennis that were there previously? Any areas to avoid due to bad construction?

Of course you can't get a hotel room at a decent rate and my options were Ft. Walton, East Mobile or Ft Payne, AL for $130++ per night for anything of consistent Hampton Inn quality or $200 per night on the beach in Pensacola at the Hilton.

Lets see commute 1-1.5 hrs each way to save ~$50 per day or stay on the ravaged beach? I'll take the ravaged beach and Hooter's if its still there.

There's no way I'm risking a reservation at a Comfort/Quality/Sleep Inn type Arab hotel that varies widely in quality to save a few bucks. Been there, done that and I'm not sleeping in a room next to the camel stable if I don't have to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 07:14 PM

Ft. Payne AL is about 30 minutes from Chattanooga.....that would be a commute....Yopu oughta call John Ponder.... he is down in Orange beach now....

OR
You could call Joe Webb at Suncoast, tell him you are a TDG member and Jeff's buddy and see if he has any suggestions for lodging....
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbeaux38
Ft. Payne AL is about 30 minutes from Chattanooga.....that would be a commute....Yopu oughta call John Ponder.... he is down in Orange beach now....

OR
You could call Joe Webb at Suncoast, tell him you are a TDG member and Jeff's buddy and see if he has any suggestions for lodging....
Wasn't Ft Payne then.....was it Daphne? All this crap runs together and its sad when you have to look at you Hilton Honors statement to remember where you have been in the last month and to see where you are going the next week.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 07:51 PM

O.K. what about Destin anyone been there in the last week or so???????

Phil
[B]2003 GMC 2500HD
It's got a few things done to it....
with more to come.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 07:51 PM

I havent left yet, getting close. The eye wall went across a little east of pensacola so there is damage around there and east I think.

ORANGE BEACH!!!!! Tim dont cuss me like that! :

Our House is in Ft. Morgan real close to the ferry across Mobile Bay. I dont think they even lost power there! I am heading out tonight or tommorrow and will stiop and unload some stuff at the beach house friday evening and then go to Jgendr on sat and then on to louisiana. I talked to Dad this morning and the house is empty and noone is on the calendar for it before me. I have it from the 8th for two weeks.Dad said he thought he may go to the beach house on Monday for a couple of days but doubts it. I'll se him on Sunday.

If he doesnt go and you dont mind pulling the ply board off the windows then it might be a possibility for you. I prob wont be there yet but we have a key hidden outside.

I was planning on leaving louisiana sometime mid wek and pulling the boards off the windows and checking it out. They say there is no damage and everything works.

I am wide open next week an just want to load up all mycylinders and gear in Louisiana and head to the house. My daughter flies into Pesacola on the 8th and my son will be driving there on the 8th.

Anyway my # is 404 531 4760

TRUCK:
2001 CTD RAM ETH/DEE
285/70R19.5 [email protected]
Camper Package,Air Lift
Sky jacker front springs. Usgear brake.
*MANUAL THROTTLE CABLE for 18MPG!*
Camper:
94 Lance Squire 8000.
EU2000, Happijac FM, 11700 gw tc+t.
Soon:
Cat Heat & MO BATTERIES!!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 08:26 PM

I think we are headed to Destin the week of the 15th how far is that from you??????? Never mind it's like 2 -2 1/2 hours..I'll give you a call that week

Phil
[B]2003 GMC 2500HD
with more to come.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

John I appreciate the offer and I guess I wasn't clear earlier. I chose the Hilton on Pensacola Beach for $200 per night so I don't have to commute.

I can only imagine what the beach must look like....
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchBoost
Wasn't Ft Payne then.....was it Daphne? All this crap runs together and its sad when you have to look at you Hilton Honors statement to remember where you have been in the last month and to see where you are going the next week.
It was prob Ft Morgan where I am at. Dauphin Island is right across the bay.

TRUCK:
2001 CTD RAM ETH/DEE
Camper Package,Air Lift
Camper:
94 Lance Squire 8000.
Soon:
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideopen
I think we are headed to Destin the week of the 15th how far is that from you??????? Never mind it's like 2 -2 1/2 hours..I'll give you a call that week
Yeah its not that far as the crow flies but you got to go through so many towns.

TRUCK:
2001 CTD RAM ETH/DEE
Camper Package,Air Lift
Camper:
94 Lance Squire 8000.
Soon:
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jponder
Yeah its not that far as the crow flies but you got to go through so many towns.

If I get a chance I might give you a call any swing over?????

Phil
[B]2003 GMC 2500HD
with more to come.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode