Engine surge after 1/2 hour shutdown or cold start. - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Starwarrior, this thread has received 1 replies and been viewed 1072 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

Engine surge after 1/2 hour shutdown or cold start.

Hey all,

2011 F-250 6.7L D

I seem to be noticing that the engine has a tendancy to surge under slight acceleration from a low speed roll either when cold starting or when she sits for about 1/2 hour. As soon as she warms up another minute or so (say within a 1/8 mile) the symptom all but dissapears. Additionally after she sits for a 1/2 hour or so if I roll to the end of the parking lot and accelarate from a stop it will even have a one time quick dead spot at times. It Almost feels like there is air in the fuel line. Again within a block or so the symptom is all but gone and she runs like a champ. (Naturally I am concerned that if I try to have the dealer correct for it they will screw something else up)

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 03:29 AM

There has been some discussion on this and it seems to come down to the transmission program. Mine has done it (really bad when newer) where it will almost fall flat on it's face for a split second.

I have had 4 re-programs and the latest seems to have been quite a bit better however it did it just after leaving the dealership.

Ask your dealer for the latest transmission flash.

Oh, my second flash for the 400/800 power upgrade was the culprit as the transmission program was corrupt????

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode