Determining Invoice or X-Plan Off Of MSRP - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by MaineHD, this thread has received 6 replies and been viewed 2922 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

Determining Invoice or X-Plan Off Of MSRP

My father is getting ready to order a new truck as his 08' is getting up there in mileage and the numbers he's being given by his local dealer for MSRP and what they are calling invoice aren't too far apart... or at least there doesn't seem to be as large of a spread as I can recall when I made my last order.

He is looking to order a cab and chassis and I suggested he asked about X-plan and the dealer told him this inst available on cab and chassis trucks.

I would really appreciate it if anyone could lend some insight on numbers as he is looking to order pretty soon.

MaineHD
2008 F-350 FX4, CC/SWB/4x4
Spartan Tuned (75, 120, 210, 250), Powerstroker's DPF/Cat Delete, Harley Headlights, Blacked-Out Billet Grille, Painted Badges, Leer 800 Tonneau, Line-X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 09:18 PM

Cool Plans vs profit

I found through the years that the special plans, tissue prices, and dealer inventory cost sheets are absolutely meaningless. The dealer has special deals with the manufacturer as well as the bank. They are in business to make money and every car or truck on the lot has a PAC price built into every deal they make. The PAC price has all the overhead and owners profit built into the bottom line price and the salesman can't sell the car one penny cheaper without the owners permission. Usually a little code in the corner of the inventory card tells the salesman the bottom line price and his commission is based on how much over that number he sells the car for. The key is to get them to say no and raise your price untill you get a yes. The salesmans general attitude will change significantly when you start cutting into his pocketbook. I shop the other dealers in the area and play low ball with them until I get the price where I want it and then hit the dealer that I wanted to buy the car from in the first place. Remember you can always increase your price but you can't go down. You will be surprised how much better you can do by playing the same sleezey little games that they play with you. Don't feel bad about it either, it is their job to get as much money out of your pocket as they can. They are relentlessly trained and are touted with all kinds of percs in order to do so. Aftermarket sales and extended warantee's are another rippoff where they play gothika. Extended warantees can generally be purchased anytime and up to the day before the regular warantee expires. Most of the problem with America today is that we have become way to easy on them. Haggle with them until you get your price and always remember it's your money regardless if you are financing or not.
You are the customer, let them kiss your behind.

Last edited by Starwarrior; 08-16-2011 at 09:22 PM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Thanks Starwarrior, I don't expect to pay the actual cost with hold back etc taken out that the dealer pays, however I did purchase my current truck off of X-plan and remember it being somewhere around ($5000) under MSRP. The price I'm seeing quoted now from the dealer is more like ($ 2,000) under MSRP on the chassis cab. When my father asked about X-plan and the salesman said it didn't apply to cab and chassis purchases.

Generally just looking for some guidance on the experts here so I can hopefully save my dad some coin, haha.

I remember the summary sheets off of web site build would show what "invoice" was when I ordered in 03' and I thought in 08'.

MaineHD
2008 F-350 FX4, CC/SWB/4x4
Spartan Tuned (75, 120, 210, 250), Powerstroker's DPF/Cat Delete, Harley Headlights, Blacked-Out Billet Grille, Painted Badges, Leer 800 Tonneau, Line-X
The Following User Says Thank You to MaineHD For this addition to TDG:
Starwarrior (08-17-2011)
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineHD View Post
Thanks Starwarrior, I don't expect to pay the actual cost with hold back etc taken out that the dealer pays, however I did purchase my current truck off of X-plan and remember it being somewhere around ($5000) under MSRP. The price I'm seeing quoted now from the dealer is more like ($ 2,000) under MSRP on the chassis cab. When my father asked about X-plan and the salesman said it didn't apply to cab and chassis purchases.

Generally just looking for some guidance on the experts here so I can hopefully save my dad some coin, haha.

I remember the summary sheets off of web site build would show what "invoice" was when I ordered in 03' and I thought in 08'.
Yea for you and I hope your dad enjoy's his new truck. Once you do make the purchase don't look back or you will drive yourself nuts. You spent the time and made the best deal you could. Now it is time to just enjoy the ride. You have to realize that the average sale looses 5k or so the day they drive it off the showroom floor is simply because the insurance company has no intention of covering the profit margins. That is why the dealer conveniently pushes Gap insurance, to cover the differential. Enjoy.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-18-2011, 05:31 AM
& amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; quot ;Mis s me yet&a mp;a mp;a mp;a mp;a mp;a mp;a mp;a mp;a mp;a mp;a mp;a mp;a mp;a mp;a mp;a mp;q uot; George Bush

Garage
2011 should be selling for around $10,000 off of MSRP Woodhouse Ford and many others are offering about 10k off MSRP on many of their trucks right now.

AND YOU THOUGHT CARTER SUCKED
:
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-18-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasGas View Post
2011 should be selling for around $10,000 off of MSRP Woodhouse Ford and many others are offering about 10k off MSRP on many of their trucks right now.
Now is a great time to buy. It is a buyers market, they are hungry, and the incentives are phenominal. Good Luck
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 03:57 PM
TDG Mafia Member#67

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasGas View Post
they probably wouldnt be knocking that much off an ordered truck though, just ones already in inventory....

how much you get off msrp with xplan depends on the truck... for example, the more the truck costs in the first place, the bigger the % off xplan is... if you only was looking at an xlt with a few options it might only take off 2000-2500 or so..... however looking at a loaded down lariat ultimate it would take off more like 5000 or so....

ive never heard of stipulations on xplan, might want to go above them or ask another dealer or something...

1st murdered out 2011 F250 CC SB Fx4 lariat
2008 F250 CC SB 4x4 lariat dark stone, s&b intake, 5" flo pro straight pipe, 7" flo pro tip, sct livewire custom tuned by Eric @ IDP
Previous Rides:
2003 F250 CC SB 4x4 lariat centinneal black on black modded up
2001 F250 CC LB 4x4 xlt maroon lifted up
1997 F150 EC SB 4x2 xlt red
http://www.youtube.com/user/6Lstrokin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode