transmission issue - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by thartman, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 2456 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage
transmission issue

I was wanting to see if anyone else has had the same issue with their truck that I'am haveing. I purchased a 2012 with a build date of July 2011, truck was running fine with no issues and at six hundred miles it got the knox sencer recall done. When that was performed they reprogrammed all computers with the latest updates. Ever since the reprogramm the transmission wil shift funny at times. One time I was pulling out into traffic and when it was going from 1 to 2 it fell on its face and then picked up and was fine the rest of the day. Another time it had a hesitation while going into second gear and started to jerk the truck. It also was in six gear one time going down the road and the truck jerked twice and then never happened again since. These thing don't happen on a daily basses. Any ideas would be great. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 08:52 AM

i think there is some problem related to your cluth plates as they are out of service or there is some default in your gear box maybe any nut missing or any part has gone loose so it would be better for you to show your trucks problem to good technician

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thartman View Post
I was wanting to see if anyone else has had the same issue with their truck that I'am haveing. I purchased a 2012 with a build date of July 2011, truck was running fine with no issues and at six hundred miles it got the knox sencer recall done. When that was performed they reprogrammed all computers with the latest updates. Ever since the reprogramm the transmission wil shift funny at times. One time I was pulling out into traffic and when it was going from 1 to 2 it fell on its face and then picked up and was fine the rest of the day. Another time it had a hesitation while going into second gear and started to jerk the truck. It also was in six gear one time going down the road and the truck jerked twice and then never happened again since. These thing don't happen on a daily basses. Any ideas would be great. Thanks!
I noticed the same thing with my 2012. Seemed to shift fine until they reprogrammed for the nox issue @ 1k miles. Hasn't shifted the same since! I think it's all computer programming!

2008 F-350, 6.4L, crew cab, long box, dark shadow gray, Job 2, w/all options except navi or backup camera. Lot's of exterior mods, 4" turbo back stainless steel flo pro exhaust & spartan tuned.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012, 12:08 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thartman View Post
we had that same problem with the new 2011 6.7's. it was indeed a computer tsb flash that fixed the problem on mine. i dont know if there is a tsb on the 2012 for that prob.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode