My new Automotive Review Channel - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by SlickYamaha, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 1738 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012, 02:09 AM Thread Starter

My new Automotive Review Channel

Hey guys, NO this is NOT an advertisement. I do not make any money off of this, so admins, please do not remove it.

I just wanted to share with you all my new review channel. My good friend and I spend so much time installing new parts, we thought we would start filming what we do and sharing it. We have 2 vehicles we work with, a 2011 F250 and a 2012 Ram 3500.
I had started all of this about a year and a half ago, reviewing camera and video gear, it worked out so well that I thought I would start doing truck parts as well.

So far we have installed and filmed:
6" lift kit from Top Gun Customz
Bakflip VP hard cover
Clear Bra hood wrap

as well as done overviews of:
Undercover Swing case
Recon smoked turn signals
Bestop Trekstep

We have planned:
HID lighting kit for F250
6" Lift for F250
AMP research Bed step and Bestep 2.0
Install video for Under Cover Swing case

Here are some links for you, I hope you will take a minute to check them out and let me know what you think. I would appreciate a few likes, and comments, just so I know im giong in the right direction.

Also, if you could become a fan of my facebook page, that would be awesome!

And please let me know what you guys want to see, i would be more than happy to get some new ideas!

Thanks!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlinkAutomotive
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BlinkPhotoGalleries
Introduciton Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7z40...1&feature=plcp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012, 05:23 AM

Great videos you got going there, keep up the great work

Good luck
God speed

Good luck
God speed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2012, 03:46 AM
9 STECK

Great set of videos. I see in your HID headlight video that your headlights on the Super Duty have been blacked out on the inside. I have been wanting to do this to mine since I took delivery of it in February '11.
I am hoping that you either took video of the process, or maybe could do another set with the same kind of instructions as you have done everything else. Primarily what I am needing is the temperature at which you heated the headlights to, and for how long. Then what adhesive did you use to put them back together.
Looking forward to more videos. Keep up the good work.

OFH

2011 F350 CC SB Lariat Tuxedo Black with black leather
5er/goose prep, 3.55 e-locker, Navi with premium sound.
Recon smoked mirror lights, smoked Atomic LED roof clearance lights, Recon Big Rig Ice lights on custom stainless pinch weld covers, Limo Tint, Hide-away-strobes, 50 gallon titan fuel tank, Zone off road 2" leveling kit (not high enough), two more factory fogs in between tow hooks, factory fogs as reverse lights in custom mounts under rear, spray in bed liner in the bed and on the factory step bars, more to come...

TRADED 02/11-2005 Harley Davidson F350 CC SB #348
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

We actually very much wanted to make a video of this headlight painting excursion. Lol But we were so worried about doing it ourselves, that we figured filming it while in the process would be too much to handle. It actually turned out a lot easier than we had thought. What you need to do is set your oven for about 200 you do not want to wait for to preheat just put the headlights and as it's warming up let them sit for about three minutes, then pull them out take a screwdriver and slightly start to prior part the silicone that is holding it together.
You may have to do this that two or three times to get fully around the headlight. Then tape off any parts you not want painted, and spray away. When you have completed wait for the paint to fully dry before putting them back together. Then fill the grooves it back up with black RTV silicone, and put the lenses back on, it would probably be best to put some sort of straps or other items to keep the lenses set together as the silicone dries.

On a side note, where are you located? Although I do like how mine turned out I'm not sure if they go with the flow of the truck, and may be removing them to go back to the stock headlights.

-Jay-
- www.TheBlinkProject.com -
Automotive Reviews and Install videos
'11 6.2L F250 Super Duty -- Crew
RollBak cover - Recon Smoked all around - 37" Toyo MT - 20" BMF Novakane - 6" Pure Performance Lift - Train Horns - Bulldog Lighting
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 10:38 PM
9 STECK

As in doing a swap? Would love to, but two things. I live north suburbs of Chicago, and I have mounted hide away strobes in the turn signals.
I appreciate you answering me for times and temps as I have asked several others with no response. I also have a body shop friend who will paint them with the same tuxedo black to match the truck.
Thanks again for the quick response and looking forward to more vids.

OFH

2011 F350 CC SB Lariat Tuxedo Black with black leather
5er/goose prep, 3.55 e-locker, Navi with premium sound.
Recon smoked mirror lights, smoked Atomic LED roof clearance lights, Recon Big Rig Ice lights on custom stainless pinch weld covers, Limo Tint, Hide-away-strobes, 50 gallon titan fuel tank, Zone off road 2" leveling kit (not high enough), two more factory fogs in between tow hooks, factory fogs as reverse lights in custom mounts under rear, spray in bed liner in the bed and on the factory step bars, more to come...

TRADED 02/11-2005 Harley Davidson F350 CC SB #348
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 02:13 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

No problem, sorry took so long I don't get on this forum as much as I use to

-Jay-
- www.TheBlinkProject.com -
Automotive Reviews and Install videos
'11 6.2L F250 Super Duty -- Crew
RollBak cover - Recon Smoked all around - 37" Toyo MT - 20" BMF Novakane - 6" Pure Performance Lift - Train Horns - Bulldog Lighting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode