More Finds on 2011 Super Duty - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Jeremiah, this thread has received 26 replies and been viewed 7203 times.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 713
Thanks: 332
Thanked 84 Times in 48 Posts
More Finds on 2011 Super Duty





More Sites w/ Info

http://blog.pricewheels.com/2009/09/...ckup-revealed/

http://indianaprairiefarmer.com/blog...8&e=2009-10-28

http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/...0News/2554784/

http://blogs.fourwheeler.com/6588912...uty/index.html

http://blogs.fourwheeler.com/6564589...own/index.html<<<<< LOCKER INFO (GOOD READ)




Last edited by Jeremiah; 10-03-2009 at 01:29 PM.
Jeremiah is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeremiah For this addition to TDG:
desertghosts (10-07-2009), Scorpion6.7L (10-06-2009)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 06:15 PM
Got Torque?
 
ralphinnj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: North Central NJ
Posts: 2,577
Points: 86,400
Thanks: 96
Thanked 151 Times in 105 Posts
Images: 80
The more I look at the new 011', the more I say it needs more brunt behind that massive grill. Front on, it looks awesome, but then the side view is less compelling. Maybe it needs 20's and a larger tire or something. Just looks too massive for the rest of the truck. Kind of like one of those "bench press-only" guys who has a 50 inch chest and chicken legs. Where's the beef Ford?

Black 2003 F350 Dually, Nothing Stock

Other Rides:

Black 2006 300C SRT8
Black 2012 CTS-V (630HP)
Black 2008 Mercedes E550
ralphinnj is offline  
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 10:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 543
Points: 16,869
Thanks: 0
Thanked 50 Times in 34 Posts
Agreed.
The 20" wheels even things out nicely.
I look at another Ford with smaller wheels, and it looks out of balance.
I was considering a DRW, but the first thing my son said (15 years old) was that the wheels on the duallie looked too small.
I guess it'll be a 172" F-350 for me, with 20"ers again..

2008 F-350
KEM 345 tuned.

My pics;
http://community.webshots.com/user/GeorgeC1959
George C is offline  
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 10:27 PM
Got Torque?
 
ralphinnj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: North Central NJ
Posts: 2,577
Points: 86,400
Thanks: 96
Thanked 151 Times in 105 Posts
Images: 80
The other thing that would help a little is a bigger wheel well so we have the option of going real big on wheels without lifting the crap out of it. They should do something like 20's with 36's as the stock set up (and just gear it right). But make the wheel well a little bigger than it is now, but not as large (in comparison to the tire) as it is now. I always felt the wheels on a stock truck don't fill the wheel well sufficiently.

Black 2003 F350 Dually, Nothing Stock

Other Rides:

Black 2006 300C SRT8
Black 2012 CTS-V (630HP)
Black 2008 Mercedes E550
ralphinnj is offline  
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 04:39 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 49
Points: 7,895
Thanks: 23
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by George C View Post
Agreed.
The 20" wheels even things out nicely.
I look at another Ford with smaller wheels, and it looks out of balance.
I was considering a DRW, but the first thing my son said (15 years old) was that the wheels on the duallie looked too small.
I guess it'll be a 172" F-350 for me, with 20"ers again..

get a short bed!
Scorpion6.7L is offline  
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 05:07 PM
Senior Member
 
Diesel Dave 04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Eastern Pa
Posts: 750
Points: 81,560
Thanks: 2
Thanked 33 Times in 33 Posts
350's should have 19.5s and the 450 and 550 should get 22.5s
Diesel Dave 04 is offline  
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 05:15 PM
is here and there.
 
Rcannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 10,573
Points: 75,404
Thanks: 691
Thanked 1,110 Times in 665 Posts
Images: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion6.7L View Post
get a short bed!
Then throw a 4X5 sheet of plywood in there or some 10 ft 2X4's.... no thanks.

Life changes, so roll with it, not against it.
Rcannon is offline  
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 05:37 PM
 
HARLEY6LF250SDU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 1,148
Points: 47,283
Thanks: 190
Thanked 214 Times in 129 Posts
Images: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Dave 04 View Post
350's should have 19.5s and the 450 and 550 should get 22.5s
This is the biggest complaint that I get about the F450's...... TOP SPEED SUCKS!!

F-450 Pickup Changes

Ford is making big changes to its biggest Super Duty pickup model for 2011, after hearing from F-450 owners that they wanted better fuel economy and a higher top speed, according to Doug Scott, Ford's truck and SUV marketing manager.

The 2008-10 F-450ís frame is a hybrid of sorts that combines the front frame portion of the F-450 chassis cab with a wide-spaced rear frame (wider than the chassis cabís standard 34-inch spacing) based on the F-350, so the cargo box wonít twist under load. But it weighs a lot, with a hefty base curb weight of 8,851-pounds for the four-wheel drive version.

Removing weight is a quick way to improve mileage, so Ford made major revisions to lighten up the 2011 F-450ís frame and running gear.

In back, the new F-450 swaps its old Dana S110 rear axle for a new Dana M80 and replaces the old widetrack Dana Super 60 front axle for a standard widetrack Dana 60. It also switches the F-450 chassis cabís front frame portion with the front frame clip from the F-350 pickup.

The new F-450 chassis and axle setup is similar to the recently discontinued ďFat BoyĒ F-350 but the F-450 still retains its best-in-class 24,000-pound maximum trailer towing rating. Maximum payload, though, is lowered by 500-pounds, from 6,180-pounds to 5,680-pounds, according to Scott.

All of the hardware changes total up to a 600-pound weight savings are said to give the 6.7-L diesel powered 2011 F-450 a double-digit percentage improvement in fuel economy.

To raise the F-450ís top speed, the old 19.5-inch wheels have been dropped because their tires were rated up to only 80 mph. New 17-inch wheels and tires are expected to raise the 2011 F-450ís top speed above 90 mph.

With all the changes to the F-450, some might say that itís the toughest, most capable F-350 pickup in Fordís lineup.

Ford Fleet/Comm Truck Mngr. Custom F-650 Trucks, Shelby GT500 & KR Mustangs. 406 544-6891 [email protected] Thanks Randy
TDG Mafia #53 ... Riding High Club #30 https://www.thedieselgarage.com/foru...pictureid=1589
I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God, than in church thinking about my motorcycle. ~unknown~
===============
"I wanna die like my grandfather, in his sleep, not like the other 4 passengers screaming in his car".
===============
2008 Harley Softail Custom 105th Aniv Limited Edition
2006 Harley F-250 Black w/Blue Flames FOR SALE $23K
2006 Harley F-350 Tor Red w/Black Flames SOLD
2005 Harley F-250 True Blue w/Med Blue Flames SOLD
2004 Harley F-250 Black & DSG 2/tone 6" Lift SOLD
1.3 million miles OTR and still Truckin!!
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it's in English, thank a soldier.

Last edited by HARLEY6LF250SDU; 10-06-2009 at 05:41 PM.
HARLEY6LF250SDU is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to HARLEY6LF250SDU For this addition to TDG:
Jeremiah (10-06-2009)
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Banned
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 713
Thanks: 332
Thanked 84 Times in 48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HARLEY6LF250SDU View Post
This is the biggest complaint that I get about the F450's...... TOP SPEED SUCKS!!

F-450 Pickup Changes

Ford is making big changes to its biggest Super Duty pickup model for 2011, after hearing from F-450 owners that they wanted better fuel economy and a higher top speed, according to Doug Scott, Ford's truck and SUV marketing manager.

The 2008-10 F-450ís frame is a hybrid of sorts that combines the front frame portion of the F-450 chassis cab with a wide-spaced rear frame (wider than the chassis cabís standard 34-inch spacing) based on the F-350, so the cargo box wonít twist under load. But it weighs a lot, with a hefty base curb weight of 8,851-pounds for the four-wheel drive version.

Removing weight is a quick way to improve mileage, so Ford made major revisions to lighten up the 2011 F-450ís frame and running gear.

In back, the new F-450 swaps its old Dana S110 rear axle for a new Dana M80 and replaces the old widetrack Dana Super 60 front axle for a standard widetrack Dana 60. It also switches the F-450 chassis cabís front frame portion with the front frame clip from the F-350 pickup.

The new F-450 chassis and axle setup is similar to the recently discontinued ďFat BoyĒ F-350 but the F-450 still retains its best-in-class 24,000-pound maximum trailer towing rating. Maximum payload, though, is lowered by 500-pounds, from 6,180-pounds to 5,680-pounds, according to Scott.

All of the hardware changes total up to a 600-pound weight savings are said to give the 6.7-L diesel powered 2011 F-450 a double-digit percentage improvement in fuel economy.

To raise the F-450ís top speed, the old 19.5-inch wheels have been dropped because their tires were rated up to only 80 mph. New 17-inch wheels and tires are expected to raise the 2011 F-450ís top speed above 90 mph.

With all the changes to the F-450, some might say that itís the toughest, most capable F-350 pickup in Fordís lineup.

Excellent info dude! On a side note is there really no manual transmission available?
Jeremiah is offline  
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 07:07 PM
Senior Member
 
Superdutytd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Washington State
Posts: 2,126
Points: 30,603
Thanks: 28
Thanked 59 Times in 55 Posts
Images: 3
No Manual Tranny.

So does the F-450 still have the super tight turning radius?

2008 Red CCSB 6.4 Auto Lariat.
Stock 20's wrapped in 35x12.50R20 Toyo MT's, 3.73 gears, Nav, Backup Cam, Tailgate step, Upfitters, etc.
Mods: AFE Intake, Line-X, 20% Tint, Clear Bra, Husky Mats, Smoked Recon Mirror markers/3rd brake light, Bushwacker Pocket style flares w/ mud flaps + an aluminum Rapid Hitch (one of the best investments!)
Feel free to PM with any questions about any of my mods.

SRW Club #55
American Club #55


Last road trip-567 miles @ 20.7 mpg @ 67mpg average speed.
Superdutytd is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEW!!! Bragz Power Pump - 2011 Super Duty 6.7L +425HP Module Jan 13 2010 release Scorpion6.7L 2011+ 6.7L Engine Tuner Forum 12 09-29-2009 02:02 PM
Jalopnik on 2011 Super Duty Scorpion6.7L 2011+ 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 0 09-26-2009 09:22 PM
2011 Ford Super-Duty to debut at Texas State Fair pyro2nite 2011+ 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 9 09-24-2009 02:35 PM
92 12v in 99 super duty a few ????? Macktruckdriver 5.9L Cummins (Pre 1994) 1 09-26-2007 05:25 AM
Dr Super Duty BROKER The Parking Lot 3 07-11-2007 02:52 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome