Scorpion ceremony at the Chihuahua-plant - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by CGiron, this thread has received 15 replies and been viewed 2999 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 07:28 AM Thread Starter

Scorpion ceremony at the Chihuahua-plant

http://www.visionautomotriz.com.mx/3...chihuahua.html

They opened up the new plant at Chihuahua at 17th of Nov and they estimate some 200.000 engines at full production. At the same ceremony was told that the 4.4-liter will be made from the middle of next year but all production is exported to LandRover UK. I really hope that this engine will come in F-150
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Two Scorpion blocks
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 11:47 AM

I wonder how much they really are saving after building a new plant and everything that comes with that, and then shipping them back here. I'd pay a little more if they were built in the US. Our corporations have lost their pride. Of course, we can also blame the unions, US corporate tax rates and all the other BS regulations and bureaucracies like OSHA for chasing companies away.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 12:04 PM
JDL

I am finding that link a little hard to read.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john rambo View Post
I wonder how much they really are saving after building a new plant and everything that comes with that, and then shipping them back here. I'd pay a little more if they were built in the US. Our corporations have lost their pride. Of course, we can also blame the unions, US corporate tax rates and all the other BS regulations and bureaucracies like OSHA for chasing companies away.
This is a subject that has many facets.
Bottom line, labor costs are the one single, HUGE variable that we can not compete with. If I were Ford, I would be looking to get my product built as cheaply as possible.
Shipping? Non factor.. It's cheaper than you could imagine.

American blue collar labor has no advantages over the rest of the world. In fact, it's my opinion that we are at a distinct disadvantage.
We as a nation are fat, we like our workplace drama and the glass is usually half empty. Other countries have intelligent people just looking to feed their families, and are grateful for the opportunuty. Here in America, we somehow feel it's a right to earn a living, and not a privilege.

2008 F-350
KEM 345 tuned.

My pics;
http://community.webshots.com/user/GeorgeC1959
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to George C For this addition to TDG:
sirkdev (12-01-2009), uga33 (12-01-2009)
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 01:13 PM

your right , shipping is not a factor when the end consumer is the one flipping the bill. of course that can lead to other thing's like sluggish sales or people finding other alteratives for what they want. all the surcharges that got thrown at us the last couple years in the name of higher fuel prices is proof of that. are we as a nation a little spoiled, yea i can agree with that also. many have the attitude of getting it when they want it, regardless as to wether they can afford it, or really even need it. america for the most part really has been the land of opportunity, but that is quickly fadeing for many reasons. at the same time there are many hardworking folks here who only want to do the samething you claim other countries want, feed their families and make a life for themselves, you would be suprised how many want take charrity or government help. especially when you consider the size an population of the country. i'am kinda glad that fords engine plant is mexico. maybe some of these illegals i have to deal with around here will haul their a** back to their own country looking for a job.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 01:37 PM

Get rid of the unions, change the president who loves Andy Stern and seiu repeal the stimlus package, reduce epa regs,drill and process our own oil,leave the health insurance alone, lower the corporate tax rate, lower the personal tax rate,lower the pork in all govt packages from congress,term limits,leave the education of our young to the states, tell the greenies to take a long walk off a short peir during a nor easter. among other things we should do. Yep good luck on those wishes.

2001 Dodge quadcab 4x4,Auto transmission,Fass 150/150 pump, Among other upgrades.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by todt061458 View Post
Get rid of the unions, change the president who loves Andy Stern and seiu repeal the stimlus package, reduce epa regs,drill and process our own oil,leave the health insurance alone, lower the corporate tax rate, lower the personal tax rate,lower the pork in all govt packages from congress,term limits,leave the education of our young to the states, tell the greenies to take a long walk off a short peir during a nor easter. among other things we should do. Yep good luck on those wishes.
I'm a New York Republican. I'm also 50 years old. I've see enough from both Dems and Republicans to know that the only thing that drives every Senator or Congressman is their own re-election. There really isn't an ideaology in play by either. It's about votes, contributions, and deals.
If you think Obama's taking you for a ride, it's because the Bush ride hasn't ended yet.

I've go NO problem with Obama, eventhough my taxes will rise. I've got no problem with clean air or clean water. I've got a big problem with welfare, and an even bigger problem with free health insurance for able people without a job.

Having said all of that, I don't expect to see any automakers build plants and hire people in the future because of all I have said above. We are drowning in taxes, but it's not Obama's fault, but rather an unregulated Wall Street and an unnecessary war in Iraq that has killed off and momentum from the 90's..
Obama's trying to hold together a house built out of cards, and cards are what GWB left us for a foundation. We can go on about the country's ills, but it's been a group effort, Dems and Republicans alike.

2008 F-350
KEM 345 tuned.

My pics;
http://community.webshots.com/user/GeorgeC1959
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 09:07 PM

Darn George I am older than you. Only by a year.
To be honest the progressive movement goes back to Wilson in this country and further back than that in Europe. The real problem is when will the American public see that it needs to get some new talent in D.C.
My grand parents still vote for the Dems because of the New deal. all those years ago. Oh well until we stop thinking about ourselves and think like a nation in the vetoing booth things will never change. C'est la vie.
We all got what we deserved.
It is not all Bush's fault. He just fell in line with what he was told to do . this is all planned out and the plan is falling into place. To blame Bush for the things that the congress has done under Obma is just plain lazy thinking. yes you can Blame both parties incl the Rockefeller rebubs. they are no different.

2001 Dodge quadcab 4x4,Auto transmission,Fass 150/150 pump, Among other upgrades.

Last edited by todt061458; 11-29-2009 at 09:12 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to todt061458 For this addition to TDG:
EKUgrad (11-29-2009)
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George C View Post
I'm a New York Republican. I'm also 50 years old. I've see enough from both Dems and Republicans to know that the only thing that drives every Senator or Congressman is their own re-election. There really isn't an ideaology in play by either. It's about votes, contributions, and deals.
If you think Obama's taking you for a ride, it's because the Bush ride hasn't ended yet.

I've go NO problem with Obama, eventhough my taxes will rise. I've got no problem with clean air or clean water. I've got a big problem with welfare, and an even bigger problem with free health insurance for able people without a job.

Having said all of that, I don't expect to see any automakers build plants and hire people in the future because of all I have said above. We are drowning in taxes, but it's not Obama's fault, but rather an unregulated Wall Street and an unnecessary war in Iraq that has killed off and momentum from the 90's..
Obama's trying to hold together a house built out of cards, and cards are what GWB left us for a foundation. We can go on about the country's ills, but it's been a group effort, Dems and Republicans alike.

I'm a 34yo born and bred Democrat who went Republican only to learn what you state above as true. I now have no major party to call home and see "both sides" as "flip sides" of the same coin.

BHO may be a fine upstanding likeable family man, but he has some whacked ideologies and has surrounded himself for years with the uber fringe. He is the Joan of Arc for the welfare state, and his rise could not have been any better timed than the present. As if the forces of globalization, a resurgent oil, gas, and mineral rich Russia, an unified Europe, and the rise of radical Islam were not threat enough, we managed to elect a group of men and women lacking the resolve or desire to address our ills in a hierarchal and methodical manner. Instead they choose to hinder our future success, further our economic disadvantages, and place the yoke of irresponsible debt (or hyperinflation) on future generations.

The "momentum of the 90's" was fueled by paper wealth; it was not "real" and was not sustainable. The unholy wedlock of "Wall Street" and Washington set the stage for many of the ills, I agree. You underestimate the actuarial magnitude of BHO's actual, but more importantly, proposed contributions to the tax burden. I find it funny how you lay the blame at the previous administration's feet when the structural imbalances have been in place for decades -- culminating in that 90's run up you so miss.... The house of cards analogy is correct, but the "explanation train" went off track after that.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EKUgrad For this addition to TDG:
navistar45 (11-30-2009), PaleRider (12-02-2009), todt061458 (11-30-2009)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode