The Diesel Garage banner

Exhaust?

3K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  BUCK2 
#1 ·
I need to replace my exhaust system. I need to go from the turbo to the tip. I have to use a muffler no drone in the cab. Not sure of 4" or 5 " system. Can anyone tell me what they like and why?

#2 ·
I have the flo-pro 5 inch from turbo and 5 inch thru muffler, after the muffler there is Y pipe into 4 inch duals, I went with a 18 inch muffler and I have a little drone, I would should have gone with a 24 inch muffler. I love my system, you will want to tack weld all the connections once everything is in place. the Flo Pro exhaust connectors aren't the best.

#8 ·
I would go with the 5 inch for sure it will lower EGT's 50-100 over a 4 inch. I love mine and it has a good tone and not too much drone in the cab, also I wanted 4 inch duals as well. I like mine alot.

#9 ·
I pull a fifth wheel so Egt are something to keep in mind. I guess a muffler is needed to keep the drone in the cab low. I would like a straight pipe but I have to keep the wife happy! My system will be from turbo to the tip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.