05 Conversion to 12 valve?? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by '05Supersmoker, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 950 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 04:21 AM Thread Starter

05 Conversion to 12 valve??

What would it take electrical wise to convert a 05 common rail and put a 12 valve in??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 04:32 AM
Diesel Pro

i would think you would just P-pump it and save yourself. i will wait for more knowledgeable sources come along, seeing as im a ford guy

2006 Dodge 2500 2wd QC SB 5.9 Cummins, 48RE Auto, 4" Exhaust, TS MPD W/HUD, Airaid Intake, 6k HIDs, GoGo Built Tranny, BDTD with Crazy Larry
13.85 @ 99 MPH
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 07:25 AM

Well this is a very interesting thought? Why would you want to put a 12valve in an 05? Not saying that one is better than the other just curious. Anyways, there is a lot less going on in a 12valve than the new trucks. In fact you'd pretty much be gutting the electrical out of the 05. Are you going with a stick or auto and if so which auto do you want to run? I would say go with a stick or 47RH if you go the auto route. AS far as p-pumping the 05 that is an option as well, but a lot of work. Its not quite as easy as p-pumping a 24valve, which still isn't that easy. You need to run 24valve injectors, custom lines and have a custom timing case made as well. There is a a guy over on TDR that p-pumped an 03 but it is a lot of work. Good luck and keep us posted as to why you want to do this and maybe then we can help you get it sorted out better. Also are you using a P-pump 12valve or VE pump, not that that matters too much at this stage.

Sean

2000 2500 reg. cab 4x4 auto 577hp
09 6.7L QC LB stick, 4x4.

TOTAL PERFORMANCE DIESEL 707-545-FUEL (3835)
www.totalperformancediesel.com
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 12:43 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Well a friend of mine has it and i suggested the same thing, just to p-pump it, unitll he told me he just gauled to pistons and this is his second time to do it and he has a good 12 valve sitting in the barn ready to run

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode