Lights and ac probs - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Haus720, this thread has received 2 replies and been viewed 824 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 01:49 AM Thread Starter

Lights and ac probs

Im sure the ac issue has to be somewhere on this sight. First i had no air coming out of vents at all. took to dealer and they claim i have a hole in box somewhere, sorry cant get part right now to fix and when we can it gona be 1800 to fix. OUCH, did some research on net checkd my doors and the door for outside to inside air was broke off and blocking both ways. I went in and made it so it stays in outside position. Wow now air is blowing out of vents atleast. For some reason the ac is not cold yet but heat works good? SO did dealership just lie or is something else maybe wrong with ac. I put on ac machine at work and it reads it has the right amount of ac crap in system. im stumped.

Now i have new issue. Driving down the road at night with lights on sometimes my headlights flash on and off. dash light are staying on so not thinking dash switch, It does with and without brights the only thing it doesn't affect are the fog lights. and it doesnt matter smooth road or bumpy. For an 06 i love the moter but hating the darn truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 11:47 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to PhilipR
Your A/C issue is the blend door....do a search for blend door. There are some cheap fixes out there and you can do it yourself. It's common issue. As for the lights....pull the switch and look at the wires. All the power for th elights run through the switch and they are know to burn out. If that's all good then move out under the hood looking for a loose ground.

-Phil-
98 2500 4x4,12V,47RE Suncoast Billet input shaft, Suncoast H/D Extreme Trans kit, Goerend Triple disc converter, FASS 150/90, FASS Suction tube, Amsoil Ea air and pre-filter, 100 plate, 4K GSK, 370's, AFC Mods, CoolerTubz intake, straight piped 4" DP to 5" stacks, BD-SBS, Autometer Z-series Pyro/Boost/Trans/FP, Amsoil Bypass system and Amsoil fluids bumper to bumper.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 07:58 PM

what he said, I had the headlamp problem too, I replaced the switch and problem fixed. Before buying parts you might want to look at the wiring connector at the switch to see if its melted too. I remember reading somewhere I think Napa sells a kit ( switch & wiring ) if you need both.

My motto: Be nice, be polite, but have have a plan to kill everyone that you meet.

94 F250 IDI turbo, auto 2wd.. ATS housing, 3" down, 4" exh, guages. 104k miles got totalled by a damn mustang (parts now).

98 12v, 4x4 quad cab. auto with BD T/C & V/B, Banks Big head, Exh brake, AFC modded, 16.5ish*, KDP gone, 60lb springs, 4K-GSK, BHAF, pyro, trans, and boost guages. 4" straight pipe,

72 AM General M35A2, LDT465-1C "Whistler" Turbo, PTO winch.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode