need help - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by 1964reo, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 619 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 01:44 AM Thread Starter

need help

i bought a truck on a sale with no title i went to find out if i could get one but the truck was totled out at one time now they will not give me one cause of that the cab was replaced i have a 1996 dodge 4 by 4 excab any body have a title car with a vin plate thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 12:52 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to PhilipR
See if you can file for a rebuild or a lost title. There has to be something in the state that allows you to rebuild a car with a salvage title and have it inspected and given a new title so it can be licensed.

-Phil-
98 2500 4x4,12V,47RE Suncoast Billet input shaft, Suncoast H/D Extreme Trans kit, Goerend Triple disc converter, FASS 150/90, FASS Suction tube, Amsoil Ea air and pre-filter, 100 plate, 4K GSK, 370's, AFC Mods, CoolerTubz intake, straight piped 4" DP to 5" stacks, BD-SBS, Autometer Z-series Pyro/Boost/Trans/FP, Amsoil Bypass system and Amsoil fluids bumper to bumper.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

tried to do that but the cab was bought was from a junk yard and they sent the title in for junk they told me there is no way to get it cause dont have the paper work from the junk yard i have no idea were the cab came from so im out of that idea if i could find a cab with a title iwould be ok thanks
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 07:26 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to PhilipR
Here all you need is a Bill of sale and the VIN. The DMV will search it to make sure it isn't stolen and when it comes back clean they issue you a new title.

-Phil-
98 2500 4x4,12V,47RE Suncoast Billet input shaft, Suncoast H/D Extreme Trans kit, Goerend Triple disc converter, FASS 150/90, FASS Suction tube, Amsoil Ea air and pre-filter, 100 plate, 4K GSK, 370's, AFC Mods, CoolerTubz intake, straight piped 4" DP to 5" stacks, BD-SBS, Autometer Z-series Pyro/Boost/Trans/FP, Amsoil Bypass system and Amsoil fluids bumper to bumper.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

not here you have to have it from were it came from they know who sold it but they will not tell me if i knew were it came from and go there they might be able to look it up and give me a new bill of sale but the dmv will not tell me cause to prteck outher act

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode