A/C Question - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by spastic_stroker, this thread has received 1 replies and been viewed 899 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-19-2010, 01:25 AM Thread Starter
Singles Club Member#99

Send a message via Yahoo to spastic_stroker
A/C Question

I have a '90 D250 and I'm working on getting the AC going. The truck was converted to R134 before I got it, I don't expect this to perform miracles, just work. The system holds pressure, and is full. The problem I have is that the clutch isn't engaging. But if I jumper the compressor to 12v with the AC on, I get cold air. The fuses all seem good. Anyone know how to fix this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 04:13 PM

Garage
There is a relay on the driver's fenderwell that controls the A/C cycling switch/compressor. I think it is the middle one if I am not mistaken. Anyway, there are three on the inner fender, one for the starter, one for the charging system, and one for the A/C if I am not mistaken, but I don't really know because your truck is non-ic. If not that, there is a cycling switch on the firewall behind the passenger hood hinge that may be either bad, or just disconnected.

1992 W250-P-pump and some extra air, gone, but not forgotten.

2003 SVT Cobra

1984 Chevy K10

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode