The Diesel Garage banner

Mounting Guages

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  bmoeller 
#1 ·
Any suggestions on a good place to mount them?

#2 ·
If your 90 has the plastic trim on the left side A pillar post. AutoMeter makes a two gage pod for it.

If it doesn't have the A pillar trim then a dash mount setup would be the next option. The late model Ford dash mount 4 gage setup can be made to work pretty easy from what I have heard.

#4 ·
Heres a pic of my AutoMeter gage pod. There is another compny called ProPods. Their setup mounts the gages more straight up fashion. Most shorter people have problems seeing the gages. Glare on the gage face is another issue with the ProPod's brand.

BTW that pic is my viewing angle from the drivers seat.

#6 ·
Heres a pic of my AutoMeter gage pod. There is another compny called ProPods. Their setup mounts the gages more straight up fashion. Most shorter people have problems seeing the gages. Glare on the gage face is another issue with the ProPod's brand.

BTW that pic is my viewing angle from the drivers seat.
I just did a setup like that for guy here locally... You do have to be a tall person to enjoy these. If you short by any means the top pod is going to be un-viewable...

#5 ·
Looks pretty good. Not to relavant but you said most shorter people have a problem seeing the guages about how tall are you so I can get sort of an idea. Thanks.

#7 ·
With the AutoMeter pod my 5'2" wife can see the gages fine. The ProPod model is the one the top gage is hard to see.

In that pic I posted I had the camera centered looking threw the windshield like I was driving the truck. I just choped off that side of the pic to show the gage view.

I am 6'0" . My truck also has captains chairs and console. You do set higher in the truck than a bench seat.

#8 ·
Hmm. Not bad, I suppose I'll have to see what its like on the bench seat. I'm 5'6 so I'll see how it looks before I upgrade seats :D Thanks for the info.

#9 ·
You can also get single gauge "cups" and mount on the dash, and I've seen people mount gauges below the ash tray as well. I think the Autometer pillar pod is nice. Especially because eveyone has forgotten about our old 1st Gens.

#10 ·
They make a pod that will mount on your dash then you could mount it like above the radio. I have seen a couple like that with dual mount pod. Looks good...

#13 ·
http://www.dieselpage.com/

Not on their site, but talk to these guys. They do or did have dash mounts for the 1st Gens. They sent me one by mistake (but was quite a few yrs ago). Was a 3 pod, and IIRC, there was a 4 pod as well. Was made by US Gear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.