12-valve Conversion - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by augie dog, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 1056 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-23-2005, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

12-valve Conversion

GREETINGS EVERY ONE I AM A NEW MEMBER TO TDG AND RECENTLY CONVERTED MY 1985 DODGE D-350 SHORTBED CREWCAB WITH 360 cu. GASSER TO A 91 CUMMINS 12-VALVE. SO FAR EVERY THING IS WORKING GREAT BUT I NEED TO MAKE A FEW FINAL ADJUSTMENTS. FIRST OFF I NEED ADVICE ON HOW TO GET MY FUEL GAUGE TO WORK.WHEN YOU FILL TANK UP IT GOES TO FULL THEN AFTER A WHILE IT GOES TO EMPTY. NEXT MY ODOMETER DOES NOT WORK, SPEEDO DOES BUT IS OFF DUE TO NOT HAVING DONOR REAREND IN MY TRUCK THAT IS BEING INSTALLED IN THE NEAR FUTURE.ALL WIRING AND GAUGES FROM DONOR TRUCK WERE USED IN CONVERSION I AM RESTORING TRUCK IT IS IN VERY GOOD CONDITION BUT NEED CARPETING,WEATHERSTRIPPING AROUND DOORS AND WINDOWS ETC. ETC. ANY SUGGESTIONS OR ADVICE WILL BE APPRECIATED. THANKS AUGIE DOG AND HIS REVIVED - 85
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-23-2005, 12:00 PM

The speedo will be off if the rearend gears are not the same as before. Mine is off due to bigger tires. The others I have no idea. Good luck.

'01 xcab 4x4,Suncoast by Mike L. Goerend triple, edge III, AFE stage II, HTT 62/12, FASS, and other stuff
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 12:55 PM

That a tough job

In doing that chang over a lot of problems that you did not know of.Just hang In there and post how you make out.Not many guys willing to take on that job. :Thumbup:
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 05:24 PM

First off, welcome aboard!!

On the fuel gauge, did you use the tank and sending unit from the donor or did you use the original??? If you used the donor's gauge and the original sending unit they are not going to work. You need to find the ohm range for both model year sending units and compare. Maybe you can get some resistors and pace inline to make it fall into the correct range :shrug: I think your best bet would be to modify a sending unit ***. from your donor trucks model year to fit the tank on the truck.

Speedo is gonna be off until it gets all the readings it needs, once you get the rear end in it should work.

Sounds like a really cool project, got any pictures??? I for one would love to see them :Thumbup:
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 08:17 PM

I second that request for PICS! : :
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-10-2007, 06:26 AM

any updates on your progress?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode