Blue Chip Diesel - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by JLWelding, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 1824 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 04:21 AM Thread Starter

Blue Chip Diesel

Whats your thoughts on there pumps.

My truck: 01 Dully - Skirted Flatbed Welding Trk - SA 200 Lincoln - Weight 9900 - Edge Ez - Boost Elbow - Pricol Optix -Fuel - Boost - Egt Gauges - Bhaf - 5 Inch Diamond Eye - Airdog 100 - Two Stroke Oil - RV 275 Injectors - BD Intake - Amsoil - Southbend Clutch - Grid Heater MIA - 224k - Heaviest Load 32900k - jlweldingtx.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLWelding View Post
Whats your thoughts on there pumps.

I have a Special X VP44 from Chip and I love it. Was only a few hudred more than oem. It also comes with a Bosch 1 full year warrantee. I upgraded my lift pupm to a FASS pump first then a year later needed to replace the VP44, so I went with Chip Fisher at Blue Chip because he is reputable and will always steer you in the right direction. He is very well known up here in Massachusetts and southern NH. You won't be disappointed. He also used to have a partner working with him, he has been seperated from bluechip for a few years now and is on his own. His name is Ben and is the best to deal with in NewEngland when it comes to diesel performance. Check out my buddy Ben's website @ Northeast Performance Diesel.com. Not everything is on his site so if you want to talk with him as well you can call him if you don't see something on his site you like. As far as Blue Chip goes, I have nothing but good things to say about him and his injection pumps.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Thanks for the reply. I am trying to get all the info I can. I have been thru 4 pumps and the only thing I can figure out is inj. pump not holding up. Here are the symptoms surging up and down hard, I mean it will drop 500 rpm then pick it self back up. It does not due it in the first 5 minutes in the morning when eng. is cold but as soon as the heat of the day hits or eng. temp reaches normal it starts surging. You can go to You Tube and hear it running type in JL Welding Truck. I can tell you this everything under the hood is brand new, ECM was reflashed one week ago along with over flow valvue and a new draw straw in the tank. Those three things where the only thing left to do. The Map has not been replaced but everybody tells me it has nothing to do with. The original pump went out at 175k then it has been a horror story ever sence. The second pump lasted two years then it went out, got third pump and it surged right off the bat when eng. warms up, sent the you tube video to them and they sent pump four it surged worse than pump three, put pump three back on and sent pump four back, they said they put it on a truck and it runs just fine- yea right. I have so much in new parts on this truck I can never sell it. It has turned into a small fort knox.

My truck: 01 Dully - Skirted Flatbed Welding Trk - SA 200 Lincoln - Weight 9900 - Edge Ez - Boost Elbow - Pricol Optix -Fuel - Boost - Egt Gauges - Bhaf - 5 Inch Diamond Eye - Airdog 100 - Two Stroke Oil - RV 275 Injectors - BD Intake - Amsoil - Southbend Clutch - Grid Heater MIA - 224k - Heaviest Load 32900k - jlweldingtx.com
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 01:12 AM
Official TDG Doctor

Blue Chip makes good pumps and has great customer service! They'll take care of you and make sure your right!

Nate

Kickin' It At The Passing Lane
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLWelding View Post
Thanks for the reply. I am trying to get all the info I can. I have been thru 4 pumps and the only thing I can figure out is inj. pump not holding up. Here are the symptoms surging up and down hard, I mean it will drop 500 rpm then pick it self back up. It does not due it in the first 5 minutes in the morning when eng. is cold but as soon as the heat of the day hits or eng. temp reaches normal it starts surging. You can go to You Tube and hear it running type in JL Welding Truck. I can tell you this everything under the hood is brand new, ECM was reflashed one week ago along with over flow valvue and a new draw straw in the tank. Those three things where the only thing left to do. The Map has not been replaced but everybody tells me it has nothing to do with. The original pump went out at 175k then it has been a horror story ever sence. The second pump lasted two years then it went out, got third pump and it surged right off the bat when eng. warms up, sent the you tube video to them and they sent pump four it surged worse than pump three, put pump three back on and sent pump four back, they said they put it on a truck and it runs just fine- yea right. I have so much in new parts on this truck I can never sell it. It has turned into a small fort knox.

Here, Contact Chip at Bluechip diesel. He will help you the best way possable. Tell him whats going on, what you have in your truck, and where you got the pumps. He has personally ripped apart so many VP44's for diagnosing and making a better product. He has the most experience and knowledge of the VP44 fuel system dodge trucks and the older 12 valves as well.. All parts used with his pumps are factory Bosch and all come with the 1 year factory Bosch warrantee. Here is his number, If you get a message to direct you to the right department, press number1 it goes right to his cell.
the number is 1-888-472-7373. This guy is very smart with this stuff and you won't be disappointed. Follow his input and try things he tells you. I did and he has never steered me wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to cumminsdude2001 For this addition to TDG:
JLWelding (06-28-2010)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010, 04:34 AM

Garage
Sounds like a lift pump failure, possibly a clogged fuel filter. My truck exhibited similar symptoms when I forgot to plug in my lift pump after doing some other maintenance. A bad lift pump will cause a VP44 to fail very quickly. For more info on how to diagnose this, visit bluechipdiesel.com and click on their lift pump diagnostic help link on the left, if you don't want to call him in person.

My stock lift pump was still working, but not putting out enough PSI under load, so I replaced it with a FASS HPFP.

I just put in a Blue Chip 17X VP44 for my HO and it is working great so far.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode