The Diesel Garage banner

truck surgeing,rev up?

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  24vman 
#1 ·
Hey yall,
Been a lil while.....Ok between 1,500 and 2,200 rpm mainly some times the truck will rev up or surge on its own. almost as if I lightly tapped the pedal and let right off. Also when I let of the pedal some the there is very little"lag" it decrease rpm very fast like it was loaded. kinda slight jerky feeling.Makes shifting feel a lil awkward The only two things I can relate it to is one I used to have a real nice built big block Chevy that was super responsive and tried different return springs on the throttle and with a light one on it it kinda felt like this not very drivable...or when I hold a steady pedal and increase or decrease my "edge" level it feels the same way very much so. with the slight burping or jumping in the rpm. It dose it most of the time. It dose it from stock setting to #5 on the juice I do notice it more on 5 which makes sense as the engine is more responsive on 5 normally. It dose this all while I am holding a steady pedal. I am resetting the apps as we speak. fuel pressure stays pretty steady around 16,any other ideas thanks:help

#2 ·
pS no codes. also it does not seem to do it om cruise.... But When it dose it it kinda feels like if the truck was on cruise and hit a small hill the way the cruise comes in and accelerates

#3 ·
any help please

come on guys I know some one has something:help

#5 ·
My brothers 99 did similar to wat yours does although he also had the dead pedal issue tried a new TPS and resetting the apps neither worked...but when we had the alternator looked at since it was a reman Oreilly's we found some bolts had worked themselves loose causing a short and all sorts of funky chit going on had it rebuilt and no problems another 10k down the road

Reactions: MILKINGCOWBOY
#6 ·
edge juice

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.