A/C Question - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Sandspyder, this thread has received 1 replies and been viewed 432 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

A/C Question

It's getting to be the A/c season and with a newborn in the house I was wanting to make sure my a/c works properly and right now it's not. :shrug:

It's cool but nowhere near cold so.....

I threw my guage on it, (just the kind you get at the parts store, not the fancy snap on kind) and it says it in the correct range and has coolant.

What I did notice though is even when not on "Max" a/c the compressor is cycling about every 15 secs.

Do I just need to go have it checked out or is this something simple to replace like a presure switch or something?

:thanks: for any info and insite.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 01:48 AM
SETDR Vice President

Send a message via Yahoo to jgendr
If it is cycleing every 15 sec's or so you are low on freon! the pressure than you are reading depends on the out side temp depending on which side your checking. I usually run about 50 - 75 psi on the low side and the high side can run between 150 - 300 psi depending on the outside temp.

Joe G

01 Dodge 2500 4X4 Auto
RED Quad Cab
DD4's, Hx35, 5" exhaust, Edge Comp, BHAF, Holley Blue Pusher pump. Full Blown Sun Coast Comp Tranny, Laminated Flywheel, 91% ProLoc TQconvertor
last Dyno 437hp, 996tq :Thumbup:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode