I'm about ready to sell this heep. - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by sstockton, this thread has received 21 replies and been viewed 1629 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 09:15 PM Thread Starter

I'm about ready to sell this heep.

Ok, well I have a dilema, should I fix or sell my truck. Pretty much it wants a transmission, and now I think my VP is acting up. After my recent stint with the not starting when hot I've encountered the problem of the truck just dies from time to time. I'm showing fine fuel pressure with the FASS about 14ish. I don't know what else it could be, I'm throwing a p1693 code which I know just means I'm having some other problem else where, could it be my APPS or cam position sensor or is it most likely my VP. The symptoms are, The check engine light is on, and Sometimes the truck just dies, twice at idle, and twice while moving once was over 25mph.

If it is my pump, does anyone have a decent price on the Hot Rod pump, I know a lot of people say its nothing special but if I get any extra power from it, and its only a couple hundred bucks more, I wouldn't mind going that route. Thanks, Sean.

2000 2500 reg. cab 4x4 auto 577hp
09 6.7L QC LB stick, 4x4.

TOTAL PERFORMANCE DIESEL 707-545-FUEL (3835)
www.totalperformancediesel.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 09:49 PM
HOSS PERFORMANCE

you dont really want to get rid of it do you??

2003 chevy 1500 leveled on 22s pioneer dvd and cd with jbl subs amp and mids. like the truck but its nothing to me till i get another that can run with out spark plugs....on the lookout for a 2003 and up 6sp 4x4.....then its on!!!!

Dominator Performance Diesel
www.dominatordiesel.com
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 09:53 PM
fordt

How much you want to sell it for? :
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 10:44 PM

Sstocken or whatever
I would shoot for the CAM senser before anything!
Even a Coolant Temp senser (a little more unlikely but don't rule it out)

Also you'd be suprised what crappy oil can do to a Diesel engine.

In my opinion, as long as you can rule out the VP44, I wouldn't sell it, just fix it.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Yeah, I don't think I'm really going to sell it, its just frustrating me right now, it seems like everytime I fix something, something new starts happening. If I sell it, then I have to start all over again, so hopefully it turns out to be something other than my vp.

I think this thread was just a frustrated reaction, any other suggestions to try would be greatly appreciated.

Oh yeah, the truck is for sale, just make me the right offer. Everything has its price.

Sean

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 12:51 AM
HOSS PERFORMANCE

i know from 2 guys that hadn't changed oil like they should that bad oil can be a strange culprit for problems.

atleast when things do go out it is a better reason to get better parts. like the hrvp44. if you were planning on replacing later.:Thumbup:

When you are having a bad day just be glad you are not a simese twin stuck to your gay brother and have only one *****hole.:roflmao:

2003 chevy 1500 leveled on 22s pioneer dvd and cd with jbl subs amp and mids. like the truck but its nothing to me till i get another that can run with out spark plugs....on the lookout for a 2003 and up 6sp 4x4.....then its on!!!!

www.dominatordiesel.com
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 01:00 AM

I had the same problems with my truck it died on me 5 different times all well driving. Twice while off road and three times under 35 mph.All in a 2 month period. Then it stopped for 6 months (pushed snow through 3 storms) the only problem I had was under heavy fueling it would run like crap, like it wasn't getting enough fuel. My fuel pressure gauge would stay at 15 psi (FASS) I change every filter, line and retaped my fuel wire. I would also get the 1693 code I was told that it means that something is wrong. Not a very specific code. Then at 85 mph my vp44 finally crapped out. Replaced with a hrvp44 from INDUSTRIAL INJECTION (great guys will answer any question you have) It is not that bad of a job to do. That was my first time so it took a little long then it should have. If you've never changed a vp44 ask them about the pump puller this will save you from prying on the cover. They are all heaps when they don't run right. :blah: :blah: :blah:
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 01:31 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinz0021
i know from 2 guys that hadn't changed oil like they should that bad oil can be a strange culprit for problems.

atleast when things do go out it is a better reason to get better parts. like the hrvp44. if you were planning on replacing later.:Thumbup:

When you are having a bad day just be glad you are not a simese twin stuck to your gay brother and have only one *****hole.:roflmao:
Yeah thats a good one to remember, I'd never heard that before. I just changed my oil, so we'll see if that helps at all. I'm going to go get a proper scan tool thrown on it tomorrow and see if anything comes up from that. I'll get it figured out, and if I really need a VP, thats what Credit cards are for, right?!.
Sean

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 01:38 AM
HOSS PERFORMANCE

i wish i had a cc but im glad i paid them off! wouldnt take long to fill up a
$10k limit with what i would like to do to the truck.

www.dominatordiesel.com
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatnumber2
I had the same problems with my truck it died on me 5 different times all well driving. Twice while off road and three times under 35 mph.All in a 2 month period. Then it stopped for 6 months (pushed snow through 3 storms) the only problem I had was under heavy fueling it would run like crap, like it wasn't getting enough fuel. My fuel pressure gauge would stay at 15 psi (FASS) I change every filter, line and retaped my fuel wire. I would also get the 1693 code I was told that it means that something is wrong. Not a very specific code. Then at 85 mph my vp44 finally crapped out. Replaced with a hrvp44 from INDUSTRIAL INJECTION (great guys will answer any question you have) It is not that bad of a job to do. That was my first time so it took a little long then it should have. If you've never changed a vp44 ask them about the pump puller this will save you from prying on the cover. They are all heaps when they don't run right. :blah: :blah: :blah:

So being your first time replacing ANY injection pump..........
It wasn't to bad I take it?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode