Smarty - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by sstockton, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 758 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 01:54 AM Thread Starter

Smarty

Ok, well I've been wanting one of these for a while, and well I'd rather wait, but I would like a scan tool and the other features sound cool as well.

My questions are these, Does the Smarty completely show all trouble codes, ECM and PCM?

And how is the Fuel economy mode on it?

Everything Else I've heard about Marco's catcher ECM's/smarty is that they are must haves, so I figure I want one based on that. I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with the fuel milage setting.
Thanks,
Sean

2000 2500 reg. cab 4x4 auto 577hp
09 6.7L QC LB stick, 4x4.

TOTAL PERFORMANCE DIESEL 707-545-FUEL (3835)
www.totalperformancediesel.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstockton
Everything Else I've heard about Marco's catcher ECM's/smarty is that they are must haves, so I figure I want one based on that. Thanks, Sean
:roflmao: I have two Marco ECM's for sale, 2000 5 speed, and a 2001 5 speed. I won't say anything more.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokem
:roflmao: I have two Marco ECM's for sale, 2000 5 speed, and a 2001 5 speed. I won't say anything more.

Smokem,

I was just wondering what problems you had with the ECM's that made you not like them. I have never heard of anyone not liking them. I am just courious. Also, what do you want for the EMC's?
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 08:49 PM

I believe the dyno sheet on the new Smarty is 9hp and 100lb/ft gain. The MAD ECM and injector combo is a good setup. The MAD ECM interferes with the pulse width advance on fueling modules such as the Comp and TST PM3 which are boost based fueling. Which in many cases has caused a loss in overall hp. I have no complaints about the ECM upgrades, but I have no need for them. PM me if you are interested.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode