Estimated HP with Edge Comp? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by RockinJW, this thread has received 17 replies and been viewed 8207 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006, 06:15 AM Thread Starter

Estimated HP with Edge Comp?

I was just wondering what a 2001 24V with a edge comp box and 4" exhaust would lay down in horsepower? I raced a kid here in town with my 7.3 and while I beat him out of the hole and up to around 30mph, he then quickly caught me and passed me, just like I was on jacks.

I know my stroker isn't the fastest thing around and it only puts about 305hp to the ground. I was just wondering if it's possible he had more than just that Edge box?

This is in no way a bash on either truck or motor brand. While I do drive a Powerstroke, I would have nothing against driving a Cummins. I have never been bias to either. Just looking for some insight from anyone that would know more about this subject
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006, 02:11 PM

A buddy of mine has the same truck with the edge comp, and 100 horse injectors, he has 4in exhaust on the way and he loves his comp he had the Van Aaken smart box before, and he likes the comp alot more, put it up to 5 you'll beat alot of people.

-Charley, 1995 Nissan hardbody, single cab,2.4 i-4, 5spd, straight piped - 4.5in tip, 2x Rockford Fosgate R1's

Quote:
"I Caught that diesel thing, now it stings when I pee"
The Diesel Garage.com
Can You Keep Up??
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006, 05:19 PM
Destroked

He definately had tranny work done....my buddy has a '02 dodge with the Comp box and he said his isnt all that fast. His doesnt smoke hardly either, so if that guy had some serious smoke he prolly had sticks, or he had a drag Comp. If he just had a Comp box he is pretty close to the same hp. as yours, and without some kind of tranny mods he should have never got you.

'04.5 Chevy 2500HD LLY,Alli, CC, SB, 4x4, Sleeved, Braced, FASS, 4" SS Silverline exh, EGR Blocker, all thanks to MA, EFI Live tuning by me with Edge CTS switching DSP5 tunes, 68mm Danville turbo, ARP Studs with "C" gaskets, Transgo Jr., 20x9 Diamo Karat 8's wrapped in Terra Grapplers, Superlift AAL in rear, Ride Rite Air Bags, some stainless........yeah it shines.

2002 VW Jetta GLS TDI, auto, 18x8 ASA AR3 wheels with Goodyear Eagle GT's
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

It smoked a lot, I mean my truck will lay down some smoke out of the hole but once it spools up the smoke pretty much disapears. Not that Dodge though, his smokewd the hole way down.

And he just didn't beat me, he pretty much killed me...
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006, 09:09 PM
Destroked

I'd say he has sticks at the least....like I said, my buddies comp box has a little pre-boost smoke and then its gone.

'04.5 Chevy 2500HD LLY,Alli, CC, SB, 4x4, Sleeved, Braced, FASS, 4" SS Silverline exh, EGR Blocker, all thanks to MA, EFI Live tuning by me with Edge CTS switching DSP5 tunes, 68mm Danville turbo, ARP Studs with "C" gaskets, Transgo Jr., 20x9 Diamo Karat 8's wrapped in Terra Grapplers, Superlift AAL in rear, Ride Rite Air Bags, some stainless........yeah it shines.

2002 VW Jetta GLS TDI, auto, 18x8 ASA AR3 wheels with Goodyear Eagle GT's
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I had a hard time believing all he had was that chip. I mean he beat about as bad as my buddy's 05' 6.0 with a platinum edge juice.

My truck is no slouch and I haven't had another 7.3L beat me yet, but like I said. It's only 305hp. I just didn't know how much horse a cummins with the comp box would make.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 01:39 PM

Agreed, he must have injectors, my comp smoke pretty good out of the hole, but it dies out once the turbo comes in. Sound like he isn't telling the whole truth:

'01 xcab 4x4,Suncoast by Mike L. Goerend triple, edge III, AFE stage II, HTT 62/12, FASS, and other stuff
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 08:50 PM
Bouncer

There was some injectors involved, I guarantee it.

Bill
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 11:04 PM
TDG Mafia Member #21

I agree, there were definately some injectors involved and I would say some pretty good tranny work too. I have 100hp injectors and even on 5x5 I lose most of the smoke once the truck spools up.

I don't know what mods you have on your truck, but I have a buddy with a F250 that has intake, exhaust, and a Diablo tuned up all the way ( I don't know what their highest program is) and I can pretty much walk all over him with my setup.

I would say, get some more tricks and then go embarrass him back. That way you both will have an excuse to keep buying MODs: :

2007 F350 CC 4x4, EGR delete, stock for now

Old truck :"01" Dodge 3500 DRW. Goerend Bros w/ triple disk, Edge Drag Comp, Jammer Stage 5's, Turnbuckle, Dakota Digital and ISSPRO Gauges, BHAF,4" FLO-PRO exhaust, Vulcan kit, Holley Blue Pump, TC Lockup Switch, Snow stage 2, a few more little bits in the works

377hp and 823tq @ Smokin' (with stage 3's/no drag upgrade)
"400" club wannabe
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 01:16 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I don't know guys, I don't think my checkbook is deep enough to keep this Powerstroke in contention with you Cummins boys.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode