mag-hytec trans pan - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by sstockton, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 600 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-20-2006, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

mag-hytec trans pan

I was just thinking of installing my double deep trans pan, but I don't know how much ATF that holds. Can anyone help me with this one? I can call Mag-Hytec tomorrow, but they aren't open today. Thanks,
Sean

2000 2500 reg. cab 4x4 auto 577hp
09 6.7L QC LB stick, 4x4.

TOTAL PERFORMANCE DIESEL 707-545-FUEL (3835)
www.totalperformancediesel.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-20-2006, 05:11 PM
Bouncer

According to their website the DD pan holds 9 quarts which is 4 quarts more than stock. So I would say you need to add 4 quarts to whatever your system holds factory and then check it from there. You will still check your oil on the tranny dipstick the same way, that will not change.

http://www.mag-hytec.com/Instal_dodge_727dd_trans.htm
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-20-2006, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

yeah, I figured that, I was just trying to gauge how much to buy. A buddy of mine said that his 96 took 13 quarts, which seemed quite a bit high to me. So I guess I'll just pick up a case and go from there.
Thanks,
Sean

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 01:02 AM

If you work fast,you might be able to get by with a case.I preffer to loosen the VB or let it drain for a while if you dont have a TC drain plug.You will likely need 13-16 if you drain the tc too.

2000 Dodge CTD 2500 4x4,Qcab SWB, 4.10 LSD,PDR cam,PDR twins,DonM 6,Edge Drag Comp,RASP fuel system,DTT trans,Blizzard 810,Sidewing plow,Trynex Vp8000,Sunnybrook 3310
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I was pretty much planning on draining the TC as well, just so all of my fluid is fresh. What is the procedure for refilling the TC, I'm not really transmission Savvy, but I figure this can't be that difficult.
Sean

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 08:02 PM
Bouncer

Dodge TQ do not have a drain plug. The easiest way I know is drain the pan, change the filter, put it back together, etc. Measure how much fluid you got out and subtract it from the amount your sytem holds. That is how many is left in the TQ. Put the amount you took out, plus the 4 quarts for the new pan. Then unhook the supply line to your transmission cooler and stick it in a gallon jug. Have someone start the truck and put it in neutral. Catch however many quarts are supposed to be left in the TQ as it will pump it out, shut the truck off, and hook the cooler line back up. Then add what's left of your new fluid and top off.

Might not be the best way or the recommended way, but that's how we do it around here when no TQ darin plug is present.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode