low fuel pressure light - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by jarhead, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 741 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
TDG Mafia Member #45

low fuel pressure light

i know theirs a kit out there somewhere, but i'm not finding it. so where can i find one or what do i need to make one. a customer of mine wants to put one in his truck.:thanks:

Randy
05 Dodge str8 pipe, smarty jr, afe, airbags, and pacbrake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 09:41 PM
TDG Mafia Member #21

I would recommend a gauge because they are more accurate and will let you know when a problem is beginning instead of letting you know when it is too late. If you can't convince him to get a gauge, you can buy a kit from one of the vendors here or I have also seen kits on ebay. If you want to make one you will need a "NC" pressure switch set at the psi you want the light to come on at. 5psi is the norm. You then wire it from a power source through the switch mounted in the fuel system post fuel filter then to the light you mount in the cab. That's it. It is pretty easy.

Thanks to sstockton for catching my brainfart.

2007 F350 CC 4x4, EGR delete, stock for now

Old truck :"01" Dodge 3500 DRW. Goerend Bros w/ triple disk, Edge Drag Comp, Jammer Stage 5's, Turnbuckle, Dakota Digital and ISSPRO Gauges, BHAF,4" FLO-PRO exhaust, Vulcan kit, Holley Blue Pump, TC Lockup Switch, Snow stage 2, a few more little bits in the works

377hp and 823tq @ Smokin' (with stage 3's/no drag upgrade)
"400" club wannabe
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 09:56 PM

www.dieselperformance.com it is our low fuel pressure alarm light. It will come on at 5psi or lower. This is an inexpensive way to provide a pressure monitoring system.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 06:09 AM

yeah, I built one for my grandfather and some of our other friends. I personally prefer the gauge, however, if you have a gauge, not only do you have to watch it, you have to know what it is telling you. With the light, I told him if this ever comes one while the truck is running, go to the dealership and call me. Everything was about $15. I used a NC (I believe it was NC, essentially, the current flows threw when there is less than 6psi, above 6psi and the contacts are pushed apart, the guys at your local autoparts store should be able to help you) fluid pressure switch that Opened at 6psi, some fittings from the autoparts store, and a red LED, that I mounted in the dash. Very simple. just hooked the pressure switch up to input side on the VP and you're good to go.
Sean

2000 2500 reg. cab 4x4 auto 577hp
09 6.7L QC LB stick, 4x4.

TOTAL PERFORMANCE DIESEL 707-545-FUEL (3835)
www.totalperformancediesel.com
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
TDG Mafia Member #45
Threadstarter

thanks guys! yeah in my truck i'll put a gauge in. they wouldn't any attention to a gauge, but if a light comes on they'll see that.

Randy
05 Dodge str8 pipe, smarty jr, afe, airbags, and pacbrake.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 05:23 PM
TDG Mafia Member #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstockton
I used a NC (I believe it was NC, essentially, the current flows threw when there is less than 6psi, above 6psi and the contacts are pushed apart, the guys at your local autoparts store should be able to help you) fluid pressure switch that Opened at 6psi, some fittings from the autoparts store, and a red LED, that I mounted in the dash. Very simple. just hooked the pressure switch up to input side on the VP and you're good to go.
Sean
You are right. I had a little brainfart on that. You do need a NC switch. :Thumbup: Good catch!

2007 F350 CC 4x4, EGR delete, stock for now

Old truck :"01" Dodge 3500 DRW. Goerend Bros w/ triple disk, Edge Drag Comp, Jammer Stage 5's, Turnbuckle, Dakota Digital and ISSPRO Gauges, BHAF,4" FLO-PRO exhaust, Vulcan kit, Holley Blue Pump, TC Lockup Switch, Snow stage 2, a few more little bits in the works

377hp and 823tq @ Smokin' (with stage 3's/no drag upgrade)
"400" club wannabe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode