p0253 - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by jarhead, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 3568 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 12:46 AM Thread Starter
TDG Mafia Member #45

p0253

i have a truck in the shop and the code is p0253. the book says this
P0253 Injection Pump Fuel Metering Control "A" Low (Cam/Rotor/Injector)
need a little help! it had and old box on it and they took it off. it hesitated once and that was when they pulled the boxs off. after the box came off, they haven't had any problems with it. so, i'm thinking its was just the box.:shrug:

Randy
05 Dodge str8 pipe, smarty jr, afe, airbags, and pacbrake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 01:24 AM
TDG Mafia Member #21

My money is on the pump circling the drain. A lot of times the boxes just magnify the problem so when you take them off it seems that the pump is fine. They are still going bad but it is less noticible because the box isn't giving the aggressive fueling and the problem is more subtle.That being said, there have been lots of people that have driven with VP's that were failing and have gotten quite a few more miles out of them. I think you usually get a p0216 code as well when the pump is on it's last leg but not always. I would go ahead and replace the pump if it was my truck.

2007 F350 CC 4x4, EGR delete, stock for now

Old truck :"01" Dodge 3500 DRW. Goerend Bros w/ triple disk, Edge Drag Comp, Jammer Stage 5's, Turnbuckle, Dakota Digital and ISSPRO Gauges, BHAF,4" FLO-PRO exhaust, Vulcan kit, Holley Blue Pump, TC Lockup Switch, Snow stage 2, a few more little bits in the works

377hp and 823tq @ Smokin' (with stage 3's/no drag upgrade)
"400" club wannabe
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 01:46 AM Thread Starter
TDG Mafia Member #45
Threadstarter

yeah i knew the p0216 code was the pump code thats what i have in mine right now. a new pump from scheid going in saturday. i put 10,000 miles on mine before i desided to change it. this truck is a customers truck and they're not going to like it. when i tell them it going to cost around 2000 to fix a problem thats just happened one time. i think i'll tell them to start saving some money up for it. but anyway thank you

Randy
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 01:46 AM Thread Starter
TDG Mafia Member #45
Threadstarter

yeah i knew the p0216 code was the pump code thats what i have in mine right now. a new pump from scheid going in saturday. i put 10,000 miles on mine before i desided to change it. this truck is a customers truck and they're not going to like it. when i tell them it going to cost around 2000 to fix a problem thats just happened one time. i think i'll tell them to start saving some money up for it. but anyway thank you

Randy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode