Programmer ? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Got Diesel, this thread has received 14 replies and been viewed 1811 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

Programmer ?

I am asking this for a buddy of mine. He has an 01' Cummins HO, it has injectors prolly 100 horse or so, had them when he bought the truck. He is looking at a Hypertech Programmer, for right now just because it is what he can afford. Can't afford the comp box, so what the deal on this programmer, would all be well with the injectors? Thanks

Kyle
Early 99 F-250SD 7.3 PSD 4x4. Auto, tymar type intake, straight pipe, Six inch stacks, Tony Wildman Four position chip, Street race, 80 Tow, 80 Econo, Extreme. Let the smoke roll. Upgraded torque converter. Autometer Ultralights on the Pillar. Running Cooper Discover STT's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 01:43 PM

The hypertech would probably work. It will probably cause a boost code if it doesn't have a boost fitting already installed on the turbo.
I would recommend an EZ or van aaken.
If he doesn't have gauges have him save up and spend the money on an edge juice w/attitude. It is a great deal if you are looking for gauges and a chip.

94 Dodge reg cab 2wd auto
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 01:45 PM

Got Diesel,

HP wise and performance overall the Van Aaken will kick the Hypertec's fanny pretty hard, and for basically the same price it's a bargain too. Give us a call if you want and we'll be glad to help you or him on questions etc.

Mark @ DPPI
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

He has gauges already. He also has a boost elbow, and will spool to 33psi right now. The only reason he is thinking he is getting the hypertech is because the guy is giving it to him for $200. The guy bought and then needs to get rid of it. Otherwise he would be going for something else. The hypertech will only be temporary until he can afford something more around the 5 or 6 hundred dollar range.

Kyle
Early 99 F-250SD 7.3 PSD 4x4. Auto, tymar type intake, straight pipe, Six inch stacks, Tony Wildman Four position chip, Street race, 80 Tow, 80 Econo, Extreme. Let the smoke roll. Upgraded torque converter. Autometer Ultralights on the Pillar. Running Cooper Discover STT's.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 03:23 PM
TDG Mafia Member #21

Tell him to save the money and put towards a VanAaken. I doubt he will be happy with the Hypertech. $200 will go a long way towards the box. I ran the VanAaken before I went to the Comp and I liked it. Tell hinm to check ebay. They have good deals on boxes all the time.

2007 F350 CC 4x4, EGR delete, stock for now

Old truck :"01" Dodge 3500 DRW. Goerend Bros w/ triple disk, Edge Drag Comp, Jammer Stage 5's, Turnbuckle, Dakota Digital and ISSPRO Gauges, BHAF,4" FLO-PRO exhaust, Vulcan kit, Holley Blue Pump, TC Lockup Switch, Snow stage 2, a few more little bits in the works

377hp and 823tq @ Smokin' (with stage 3's/no drag upgrade)
"400" club wannabe
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 03:52 PM

The nice thing about the van aaken or ez is that you can get your money back out of it when he wants to upgrade. I don't think it will be as easy to get rid of the hypertech.

94 Dodge reg cab 2wd auto
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Okie dokie I will let him know your thoughts. thanks everyone.

So you all think that Van Aken is the way for him to go in the end huh?

Kyle
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 04:12 PM
TDG Mafia Member #21

I would prefer the Edge, but the VA box is more affordable and only slightly lower on power.Actually it is better for towing than the EZ but a little lower on top end HP.

2007 F350 CC 4x4, EGR delete, stock for now

Old truck :"01" Dodge 3500 DRW. Goerend Bros w/ triple disk, Edge Drag Comp, Jammer Stage 5's, Turnbuckle, Dakota Digital and ISSPRO Gauges, BHAF,4" FLO-PRO exhaust, Vulcan kit, Holley Blue Pump, TC Lockup Switch, Snow stage 2, a few more little bits in the works

377hp and 823tq @ Smokin' (with stage 3's/no drag upgrade)
"400" club wannabe
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 10:25 PM
TDG Mafia 36

Send a message via Yahoo to Diesel Fanatic
I love my EZ, plus it has 3 stages for low boost fueling if you have injectors.

Brandon AKA bcumminsmeck
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 10:47 PM

I would go with the van Aaken R box or if he is wanting more power the Quadzilla Xzilliraider. Both are pretty cheap and would be MUCH better than the Hypertech. We have both in stock, send me a PM if you would like a price.

Performance Diesel Motorsports

5,500 RPM Common Rail Anyone??

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode