dully dog computer, injectors. - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by KERR, this thread has received 6 replies and been viewed 526 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

dully dog computer, injectors.

I was at a local import shop yesterday and bully dog has sent a catalog to them for some reason... any way i was looking at the stuff for a manual 99-02 ram. they have listed a set of injectors stage 8 +240hp and 420lbtq. Then on the next page they have a "module" that says +30-60Hp and 100-200lbt.

While i know from reading on here you dont always get what they say but im just courious on this. It seems you would run out of air with the turbo before you could get to those numbers. I Also understand you need the exhaust which they show a new 6" for those trucks, But even with a exhaust and intake a extra 290ish hp and 620ish lbtq seem to good to be true or is it?

If im not mistaken on a 01-02 6 speed truck that would intheory put you to "1125" ish lbtq. I dont remember what these trucks had stock hp wise but an extra 290 ish hp in anything would be awesome.

So Im guessing that to get those results one would have to have a clutch upgrade for sure and im sure a lot bigger fuel pump would be in order wouldnt it?

So what are you thoughts... from there brochure it seems a person could make a LOT of extra power for a little bit of cash.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 09:14 PM

Clutch, turbo, new fuel system, gauges to name a few. Thats a lot of extra power.

'01 xcab 4x4,Suncoast by Mike L. Goerend triple, edge III, AFE stage II, HTT 62/12, FASS, and other stuff
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 10:42 PM

290 more horsepower on a 24v is well within it's reach. Now adding those injectors and chip to a stock engine your asking for trouble. Those injectors are designed for competition. They would create such high egt's they would roast your pistons and turbo. You would need atleast a large single turbo probably twins, a clutch, head studs, o-ringed head....etc. They aren't just drop in and go injectors. You could run the chip with nothing else done, it doesn't really sound like that much off a chip although I would suggest exhaust.

01 Qc Cummins 4x4 long box, edge attitude with juice (HOT!!), 4" exhaust, afe stage 2 intake, HTB2 62/12, banks intake pleum, bully dog big fuel kit, stage three jammers, southbend 3250 DD, BD Blow off valve. PDR master and slave cylinder upgrade. Sold

2006 mega cab 4x4 auto. Stock for now.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 12:59 AM
TDG Mafia Member #45

with that much more power, you would have to do a lot of engine mods. if, your engine would have the big one!

Randy
05 Dodge str8 pipe, smarty jr, afe, airbags, and pacbrake.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 05:42 AM

yeah, I'm just jumping on the bandwagon and agreeing with them. You definitely need to do some charger upgrades. I don't think you would need to change your pistons, but you'd still be running pretty hot. F1 diesel made 832rwhp @ 3500 rpm, so thats roughly 1250ft.lbs with their stage 8's nitrous and a single charger, as well as several other mods. So its do able. All it takes is money.
Sean

2000 2500 reg. cab 4x4 auto 577hp
09 6.7L QC LB stick, 4x4.

TOTAL PERFORMANCE DIESEL 707-545-FUEL (3835)
www.totalperformancediesel.com
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

thats what i figured... its always to good to be true
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 06:48 PM
Trouble Maker

If you have an HO truck, any injector over 150HP is a waste of money, unless you have a hot rod VP.

Besides that, Bully Dog makes a terrible product for the 98-02 24V. Do a TST/VA stack, and a set of 150HP injectors from Dynomite or Industrial Injection, and you will be way ahead of anything Bully Dog can sell you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode