Noise? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Diesel Freak, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 635 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 04:56 AM Thread Starter

Noise?

I just installed my fass system today and when the boost builds up I have a noise like I have a boost leak and we can't find it. Would it be boosting more because of more fuel? Also I have a small leak at the sending unit do to rust so a new sending unit is on the way. I'm using a reman unit that is suppose tyo go in the 12valves but were going to wire it in. the price difference was 175.00:deal: :agreed: But as far as installing and working things went good no problems were ready to start adding a good chip and trans upgradeer on: :Thumbup:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 02:28 AM

I blew off an intercooler boot shortly after installing my FASS and injectors. It was kind of a dead give away, cause on stage 5 I could black out a 4 lane freeway for miles and I was only registering 10psi of boost. Stage 1 however, no more smoke than usual but still only ten psi. It sounded like a loud wooshing noise, when under throttle. I would check your intercooler boots and see if any of them look a little strange.

If it is an intercooler boot, as long as it isn't ripped, just get a better clamp and some hairspray, that method will make them hold wonderfully. Are you running gauges?
Sean

2000 2500 reg. cab 4x4 auto 577hp
09 6.7L QC LB stick, 4x4.

TOTAL PERFORMANCE DIESEL 707-545-FUEL (3835)
www.totalperformancediesel.com
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

No gauges yet I would like some in put on what gauges to get and what kind as far as manufacturer
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 11:49 PM

I have a '01 dodge and just put on the Autometer Z series boost and pyro. Also used the autometer pod and love them. I put the green bulb cover on and the gauges match the stock dash lights pretty good. I spent $200 on the works. Check out E-bay. Good luck.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 04:49 AM

yup, those are the same gauges I'm running. I like the autometer ultralights a little better, and they are roughly the same price, maybe a little more, but IMO I think they look way sicker. I would definitely do Pyro and Boost and fuel pressure. Those three are musts. If you have an auto get a trans temp gauge as well. I got all for gauges, the A-pillar and the dash mount kit for the 4th gauge for roughly 400 from rip rook at Sourceautomotive.biz. Those are the main four, or three if you have a stick. good luck.
Sean

2000 2500 reg. cab 4x4 auto 577hp
09 6.7L QC LB stick, 4x4.

TOTAL PERFORMANCE DIESEL 707-545-FUEL (3835)
www.totalperformancediesel.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode