which injectors - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by OFFRODEN, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 465 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

which injectors

i have a 1998.5 cumminsw/ cold intake, 4" exhaust, edge comp, south bend clutch-1100 ft-lbs, and plan on getting a banks power elbow and quick turbo assy..(going with banks becaus its cheaper than a new turbo--on eBay i figured it will cost me about $700). so id like to see what people have tried, whats good/bad.i drive this truck every day and money is an issue-will buy from ebay.

1998.5 24v QUAD CAB 4X4 CUMMINS 5spd , DRAG COMP, , FASS 150, , ATS 4", INTAKE, 150 jammers, clutch, guages
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 08:21 PM
TDG Mafia Member #21

Cheapest way to go would be nozzles. That is what I did and I haven't had any problems at all. I got mine from e-bay from gofastengineering. If money wasn't an issue then I would recommend a full set of matched injectors from Don M or one of the other top guys.

2007 F350 CC 4x4, EGR delete, stock for now

Old truck :"01" Dodge 3500 DRW. Goerend Bros w/ triple disk, Edge Drag Comp, Jammer Stage 5's, Turnbuckle, Dakota Digital and ISSPRO Gauges, BHAF,4" FLO-PRO exhaust, Vulcan kit, Holley Blue Pump, TC Lockup Switch, Snow stage 2, a few more little bits in the works

377hp and 823tq @ Smokin' (with stage 3's/no drag upgrade)
"400" club wannabe
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 08:26 PM
Bouncer

If you want the best, then go with Don M. Although they are not cheap, you most definately get what you pay for.

I hear nozzles are a great bomb for the money and I have not heard of any real problems with them.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 03:33 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

how much are don m? and what do you think of ddp

1998.5 24v QUAD CAB 4X4 CUMMINS 5spd , DRAG COMP, , FASS 150, , ATS 4", INTAKE, 150 jammers, clutch, guages
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 05:00 AM

I'm a big fan of Don M injectors, however you are looking around 800-900 for a set of 150hp's. The real question is, do you tow, even with the banks kit, towing with big injectors will get really hot really quick. Doing nozzles is probably the cheapest way to go, some of my buddies have done nozzles and love them. I personally love my RV275's but when I switch to twins i'm going to run a Mach 5 or 6 from Don M. If you tow any kind of weight, I would highly recommend the 275's, increased smoke on stage 5, but down low the fuel economy and Temps can't be beat.

A couple other things, I'm assuming you are running gauges already, if not, buy gauges before injectors, even with just a box, you are getting your truck really hot, and with small injectors like 275's you can get hot enough to melt a piston.

As far as power is concerned, take into consideration the fact that you don't want to be driving around on stage 5 all the time, for several reasons, 1 the higher levels are a lot harder on your injection pump, two; you have no room to move up when you want to race someone. Make your normally used power on the lower stages and get there by sizing your injectors right.

in short, how much power are you looking to have driving around on a daily basis.

sorry this was so long.
Sean

2000 2500 reg. cab 4x4 auto 577hp
09 6.7L QC LB stick, 4x4.

TOTAL PERFORMANCE DIESEL 707-545-FUEL (3835)
www.totalperformancediesel.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode