Fueling - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by imported_duck, this thread has received 19 replies and been viewed 1269 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

Fueling

I need to get more fuel to the motor but I already have a power puck and enjoy it a bunch. the cheapest way is the best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 05:01 PM
Bouncer

Sell the Power Puck and get a TST, Smarty, or Edge Comp or Drag Comp box. That would be the easiest and give you the most enjoyment. Also you probably need to upgrade your injectors to even get the full benefit out of the Puck. You could go full injectors or just nozzles.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 05:10 PM

Yeah, scrap the puck, and get a drag comp and some injectors or nozzles. Get some gauges as well if you don't already have them. With a plain old comp, you can get your temps too high if you aren't careful, add more fuel, like injectors or nozzles, and you'll get really high really quick.
Sean

2000 2500 reg. cab 4x4 auto 577hp
09 6.7L QC LB stick, 4x4.

TOTAL PERFORMANCE DIESEL 707-545-FUEL (3835)
www.totalperformancediesel.com
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 05:13 PM
TDG Mafia Member #21

What they said. Injectors are a must to get the full potential out of a box. Nozzles are great if you don't have much money.

2007 F350 CC 4x4, EGR delete, stock for now

Old truck :"01" Dodge 3500 DRW. Goerend Bros w/ triple disk, Edge Drag Comp, Jammer Stage 5's, Turnbuckle, Dakota Digital and ISSPRO Gauges, BHAF,4" FLO-PRO exhaust, Vulcan kit, Holley Blue Pump, TC Lockup Switch, Snow stage 2, a few more little bits in the works

377hp and 823tq @ Smokin' (with stage 3's/no drag upgrade)
"400" club wannabe
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Cool thanks now whats the diffrence between injectors and nozzles:shrug:
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 08:46 PM
Bouncer

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck
now whats the diffrence between injectors and nozzles:shrug:
Injectors are the whole physical thing, you take one out put a new one in, no more work other than that.

Nozzles are just the tips of the injectors. You take your injectors out and unscrew the tips, then screw your new nozzles back on in place of the originals. The just simply put the injector back in and go on to the next one.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 08:49 PM

on edit: Well it looks like bouncer beat me to it.
In short, a nozzle is just a tip. Many nozzles now are engineered and really a good product, not just honed out stock nozzles(not that there is anything wrong with that). But like many complete injectors they have enhanced spray angles, more holes and varying sizes. Nozzles are a great way to go if you're on a budget.
Sean

2000 2500 reg. cab 4x4 auto 577hp
09 6.7L QC LB stick, 4x4.

TOTAL PERFORMANCE DIESEL 707-545-FUEL (3835)
www.totalperformancediesel.com
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

How much might those be to install at a shop or should i just do it myself
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 09:35 PM
Bouncer

I would think a shop would charge between $150-$300 depending on where you take it to have the work done. If you have basic metric hand tools, basic mechanical knowledge, and a little patience you could do it yourself in less than 2 hours.

It has been a while since I have done 24v injectors, but I think you will need a 8mm, 10mm & 13mm sockets, 4" & 8" extensions, a ratchet, and a couple wrenches to take the tips off and to loosen the injector lines.

Bascially take the air horn, grid heater, and APPS off and lay it out of the way. Loosen the injector lines and unscrew them out of the head. Take a small screw driver and pull the connector tubes back so they clear the injectors. Take the valve cover off and lay it off to the side. Take the injector hold downs off and set them aside. Then take one of the small bolts you have taken out, "it escapes me right now which one and where it comes from but you can figure it out" and screw it into the top of the injector and just pop them out. Change the nozzles and then re-install in opposite order. Just make sure you have the injector turned the proper way so the connector tube lines up with it and that the copper washer is still on the bottom of the injector.

After you get everythingback together leave one injector line loose. Bump the starter and let the lift pump run. Do this two or three times. Then crank until it starts and runs, when this happens hurry around to the motor and tighten the line so everything does not get covered in fuel. A buddy here helps a lot.

It sounds a lot harder than it really is.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 01:58 AM
TDG Mafia Member #45

also, a 3/4(19mm) crows foot for the 6 injector line. you maybe able to get it with out a crows foot. there is two bolt on the hold down remove the front one all the way and just loosen the one under the rocker arm, the hold down is slotted. it is real easy.

Randy
05 Dodge str8 pipe, smarty jr, afe, airbags, and pacbrake.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode