extra lift pump install - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by OFFRODEN, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 590 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

extra lift pump install

what all is involved in an extra lift pump install? as close as you can get it to the tank. im thinkin about gettin a holley black. do you have to drop the tank?
what kind of fittings do you need?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 08:16 PM

no, you won't need to drop the tank, I would run different line to and from the pump though. If you get a vulcan big fuel line kit, or any other big fuel line kit, it should have all the necessary fittings to connect at the tank and the stock lift pump. then it is just a matter of splicing in your holley black pump.
How much is the holley pump? the line kits are roughly $250 so add that on top of your pump and then you'll have the total. I would consider running a better fuel system, like a FASS or A1000 or RASP or something like that, they are a little more expensive, but give you the protection of a much better filtration system, and most will also remove any air from the lines. I noticed increased milage by 1-2mpg (Hwy) with my FASS.

2000 2500 reg. cab 4x4 auto 577hp
09 6.7L QC LB stick, 4x4.

TOTAL PERFORMANCE DIESEL 707-545-FUEL (3835)
www.totalperformancediesel.com
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

wheres the cheapest place to get a fass?
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 09:04 PM
TDG Mafia Member #21

pm LIPD and get a price from him. He usually has pretty good prices. You can also start a thread in the vendors forum and let all the vendors chime in.

2007 F350 CC 4x4, EGR delete, stock for now

Old truck :"01" Dodge 3500 DRW. Goerend Bros w/ triple disk, Edge Drag Comp, Jammer Stage 5's, Turnbuckle, Dakota Digital and ISSPRO Gauges, BHAF,4" FLO-PRO exhaust, Vulcan kit, Holley Blue Pump, TC Lockup Switch, Snow stage 2, a few more little bits in the works

377hp and 823tq @ Smokin' (with stage 3's/no drag upgrade)
"400" club wannabe
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 09:08 PM
TDG Mafia Member #21

On a side note. I am running the Holley Blue and have been happy with it. It holds great pressure with my mods and cost me about $90 at advance auto. I installed it with a lift pump relocate kit from Vulcan. Here is a link to the kit http://www.vulcanperformance.com/ser...er-Pump/Detail . If you have the money get the FASS if you are looking to save some money the Holley is a good option.

2007 F350 CC 4x4, EGR delete, stock for now

Old truck :"01" Dodge 3500 DRW. Goerend Bros w/ triple disk, Edge Drag Comp, Jammer Stage 5's, Turnbuckle, Dakota Digital and ISSPRO Gauges, BHAF,4" FLO-PRO exhaust, Vulcan kit, Holley Blue Pump, TC Lockup Switch, Snow stage 2, a few more little bits in the works

377hp and 823tq @ Smokin' (with stage 3's/no drag upgrade)
"400" club wannabe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode