wastegate?...... - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by BiG_stroke07, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 819 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

wastegate?......

is it best to take my wastegate off my 98 3500 24v or keep it on
just woundering
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 02:39 PM
Bouncer

Well that depends on a lot of things. Without your sig filled in at the minimum we really can't offer you the proper advice. We need to know your current mods, your future plans for the truck, and what you use your truck for.

Give us somemore info and we can better help you out.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

well theres no mod except for 5inch exhaust dowen the road i would like to add an hx50 with ,100hp injectors ,edge juice with attitude ,cold air, high ram intake uno just something mild puff alittle smoke every now and then and still haul farm equipment around
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 06:00 PM
Bouncer

I think you would be much better off with a boost elbow for now. Not sure you even need that since you are pretty much rolling around stock. I will advise that there are much better alternatives to an HX-50. Also, you will not be hauling much with a 50. It will take you from where you start till you get to where your going to get it lit. A mild set of twins or a B2 series would be much better for what you are wanting to do.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 07:21 PM

Yeah I've got to agree with bouncer, Without added fuel you aren't going to get much or any benefit from the extra boost. If you are looking to do anything with fuel and keep your stock turbo on there anyways, you'll just want a elbow. The stock turbo just starts pushing hot air and building EGT's above 32-35psi, if you shut off your wastegate, your temps will get really high with added fuel, You can monitor that with your right foot and a pyrometer, but the elbow will easily let you build 35psi boost, and they are only 15-20dollars. As far as the 50 is concerned, you won't be using that to tow, If you have a hook up on 50 and can get one cheap, you may consider using that in conjunction with your stock turbo for a set of compound twins which would still give you decent towing and keep your EGT's down in high fuel situations.
Not tryin to shoot down your ideas, just trying to help you keep from making the same mistakes of others before you.
Sean

2000 2500 reg. cab 4x4 auto 577hp
09 6.7L QC LB stick, 4x4.

TOTAL PERFORMANCE DIESEL 707-545-FUEL (3835)
www.totalperformancediesel.com
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 04:50 PM

yeah i get youre point i thought about twins but thers always that chance to this truck a pulling truck further dowen the road but for now something just mild but that really made me think about it so thanks alot guys

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode