Edge fuel problems - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by DieselTrader, this thread has received 10 replies and been viewed 800 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to DieselTrader
Edge fuel problems

I'm posting this for a friend. He bought and installed the edge with attitude in his 2001 dodge lastnight and everything works great except for the fuel pressure is always reading zero! Just wondering if there might be something that he did wrong on the install. Thanks for looking.

2005 Silver Quad Cab, long bed, 4x4, 130k, 325/65's sitting on 18" Weld EVO Renegades, Crazy Lary! Standard Gauges, Dual Intimidator Batteries, and ATS TRANY Fully Built, 90HP Dynomite Diesel Injectors, headstuds and Arctic Twins, ATS Twin CP3'S and all of the other supporting toy's!!!!!

My go fast and do stupid things machine, 2003 Honda RC51, High compression pistons, valve work, rocker ect... dual K&N intake, Jardin 2 into 1 exhaust with heatwrap, powercomander, all steelbraided lines, shiftlight, steering stabilzer, carbonfiber frame sliders, Pinske suspension and alot more that I can't think of off the top of my head.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 06:22 PM
Smoke Creator.

Ok, I'll bite.

did he hook up the FP sender?

If so and it still no workie than have him call Edge, they have a customer service # that's just for these instances.

dan

84 Toy with a 2.4 ltr Turbo Diesel, lots of other goodies added as well.
Hang on dear this is gonna be fun!!!
Saving for a MEGA Cab now..bling:
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 06:58 PM
TDG Mafia Member #21

Did he have a fp gauge on the truck before the install? The LP may be dead.

2007 F350 CC 4x4, EGR delete, stock for now

Old truck :"01" Dodge 3500 DRW. Goerend Bros w/ triple disk, Edge Drag Comp, Jammer Stage 5's, Turnbuckle, Dakota Digital and ISSPRO Gauges, BHAF,4" FLO-PRO exhaust, Vulcan kit, Holley Blue Pump, TC Lockup Switch, Snow stage 2, a few more little bits in the works

377hp and 823tq @ Smokin' (with stage 3's/no drag upgrade)
"400" club wannabe
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to DieselTrader
He did hook it up, and no he didn't have a gauge before. How would he be able to check the Lifter pump?

2005 Silver Quad Cab, long bed, 4x4, 130k, 325/65's sitting on 18" Weld EVO Renegades, Crazy Lary! Standard Gauges, Dual Intimidator Batteries, and ATS TRANY Fully Built, 90HP Dynomite Diesel Injectors, headstuds and Arctic Twins, ATS Twin CP3'S and all of the other supporting toy's!!!!!

My go fast and do stupid things machine, 2003 Honda RC51, High compression pistons, valve work, rocker ect... dual K&N intake, Jardin 2 into 1 exhaust with heatwrap, powercomander, all steelbraided lines, shiftlight, steering stabilzer, carbonfiber frame sliders, Pinske suspension and alot more that I can't think of off the top of my head.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 10:13 PM
TDG Mafia Member #21

If he doesn't trust the monitor he can use a mechanical gauge on the schrader valve at the injection pump. I would personally replace the lp. It is probably 99% that it is the problem.

2007 F350 CC 4x4, EGR delete, stock for now

Old truck :"01" Dodge 3500 DRW. Goerend Bros w/ triple disk, Edge Drag Comp, Jammer Stage 5's, Turnbuckle, Dakota Digital and ISSPRO Gauges, BHAF,4" FLO-PRO exhaust, Vulcan kit, Holley Blue Pump, TC Lockup Switch, Snow stage 2, a few more little bits in the works

377hp and 823tq @ Smokin' (with stage 3's/no drag upgrade)
"400" club wannabe
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 05:30 PM

Ok bust a the fuel line loose coming from the lift pump, to the fuel filter housing, turn the key to the on position you should hear the lift pump turn on, and fuel should come from the hose you took loose, if no fuel the replace the pump.

01 Qc Cummins 4x4 long box, edge attitude with juice (HOT!!), 4" exhaust, afe stage 2 intake, HTB2 62/12, banks intake pleum, bully dog big fuel kit, stage three jammers, southbend 3250 DD, BD Blow off valve. PDR master and slave cylinder upgrade. Sold

2006 mega cab 4x4 auto. Stock for now.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 05:57 PM

:iagree If he has never had it replaced and he has any sort of mileage, it is probly dead. Don't want it to take out the I/P, very expensive.

'01 xcab 4x4,Suncoast by Mike L. Goerend triple, edge III, AFE stage II, HTT 62/12, FASS, and other stuff
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 02:59 PM

I would go ahead and upgrade the fuel system with a aftermarket pump. Then he'll maintain good psi with what ever he decides to run on the truck.

:smoke
00' Ext. Cab short bed, 5 Speed, AFE, 4" two 5" Miters, Injectors, HRVP44, .93 lines&tubes, Edge Drag, Redline, Autometer Gauges, Southbend DD Clutch, Garrett Turbo w/ Manifold, BD Hose and Clamp Kit, Head Fireringed, Port and Polished, Upgraded Valve Springs, A-1 Head Studs, Haisley Street Grind Cam, Fluidampr, Water/Meth, PSI Fuel System, BD Short Shifter, BD Cool Down Timer, 2" leveling blocks, Voodoo Trac Bars, Road Armor front bumper painted to match, 305/70/16 BFG TA's on 16x10 D C's

97 12v Reg. cab, Auto. AFE, 0 plate, Cut DV's, 4GSK, 4" straight, 16.5*, autometer gauges, billet georend.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 11:10 PM
Bouncer

Any word? If he has been running on 0# of fuel pressure I hate to say it, but the damage is already done to the VP if the results are immediate or not.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_cummins
Ok bust a the fuel line loose coming from the lift pump, to the fuel filter housing, turn the key to the on position you should hear the lift pump turn on, and fuel should come from the hose you took loose, if no fuel the replace the pump.
actually you have to bump the engine over but dont start it, and the lift pump will run for 30 sec. also check that you maintain proper pressure when the box is turned all the way up and full throttle....i think the spec is something around 10 psi. im sure someone here knows the spec. thats what i had to do anyway, maybe a 98.5 is diff from an 01. not sure. and on the top of my filter huosing are 2 bolts to bleed the system to that point. i used them for that once because i forgot to fill my filter with fuel when i replaced it

1998.5 24v QUAD CAB 4X4 CUMMINS 5spd , DRAG COMP, , FASS 150, , ATS 4", INTAKE, 150 jammers, clutch, guages

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode