slave cylinder? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Cummins2001, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 1107 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

slave cylinder?

Hello every one, I'm brand new here. I'v been reading this fourm for a while thoe and I sure some one out there can help me out...I'm dealing with a 2001 cummins (5 speed if it matters?).. I was driving home last night and when I went to shift I put my clutch to the floor. It ended up being the line going into my slave cylinder, i had the slave cylinder off, it seemed to be fine other then the pins holding the line in, backed out so i put things back together, and put in new roll pins to hold the line in to see if it was just the line. Now my problem is bleeding the system down to the slave cylinder, I can't find any bleeders any where, I made sure the push rod on the slave cylinder was hitting the forks where its supposed to in the ball. I'm not firmillar with a system that dosn't have a bleeder or somthing like that ?? :shrug: . I'm lost now, its been sitting for a while now and the fluid isn't going any where regardless if I try pumping the clutch... Thanks in advanced for any help * -Ethan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 11:01 AM
TDG Mafia Member #21

I'll let one of the manual guys help on this but welcome to the site. You should fill out your signature so we can see what you are driving.

2007 F350 CC 4x4, EGR delete, stock for now

Old truck :"01" Dodge 3500 DRW. Goerend Bros w/ triple disk, Edge Drag Comp, Jammer Stage 5's, Turnbuckle, Dakota Digital and ISSPRO Gauges, BHAF,4" FLO-PRO exhaust, Vulcan kit, Holley Blue Pump, TC Lockup Switch, Snow stage 2, a few more little bits in the works

377hp and 823tq @ Smokin' (with stage 3's/no drag upgrade)
"400" club wannabe
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

thank you aka.. I was talking to one of the mechanics at work and he told me the fords were like this, I was told to make sure the pusher rod was out on the slave cylinder, fill the cylinder it self with fluid then make sure that i had plenty of fluid in the resivor then hook up the slave cylinder to the line and push in the pusher rod with your hand, this was supposed to bleed the system , from the cylinder to the resivor. I did everything I was told and made sure I had plenty of fluid every where, but when I pushed my clutch there was nothing.. I'm back where I started now...bad slave cylinder ?
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 11:14 PM
Bouncer

I would say it is probably bad instead of trapped air. The new ones come with the rod held down and specific instructions not to release it until it is installed or problems will result.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 12:31 AM

what u do is take the slave cylinder loose from the tranny and bring the slave cylinder above the clutch master cyclinder and bleed it with a one man bleeder kit it only cost about 7 bucks at the auto parts store , but u wil need a second person to pump the clutch pedel and u to hold the slave cylinder above the cluctch master cyclinder and hold the push rod , sounds complicated but its really easy, pm if u need some more help:Thumbup:
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 12:32 AM

if u had a bad slave cylinder it would stay pushed out and wouldnt go back in and the seals would be leaking

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode