Edge nozzles - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by RED DRAGON, this thread has received 18 replies and been viewed 1218 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

Edge nozzles

would stage 3 nozzles be good for some stoplight racing and towing (but not much towing). i plan on stacking with a hypertech, not the best but thats what i got. so the just of this is, are stage 3 nozzle ok for just daily driving and whats the smoke level like on a scale of 1-10. or should i consider some thing else? i am not going for all out power cause i just dont need it, but i would like to bet some people from the stoplights:evil: . and this combo proably anit good enough to bet an 05 is it? sorry bout all the questions but any feed back would be great:bow: :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 08:39 PM

That depends on what the 05 has done to it. stock or limited mods sure it will beat it. 05 with some fueling mods then probably not. Have you done anything to your trans yet? and what do you mean by not much towing? Not towing a lot of weight or not towing often. If you aren't towing a lot of weight these nozzles should work fine. My friend ran them his truck combine with an edge comp and destroyed his trans in very short order. So if you still have a stock trans, don't expect it to last.
Sean

2000 2500 reg. cab 4x4 auto 577hp
09 6.7L QC LB stick, 4x4.

TOTAL PERFORMANCE DIESEL 707-545-FUEL (3835)
www.totalperformancediesel.com
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 09:23 PM

I really just have the edge juice with attitude, but i can still beat an 05 on level 3... and this isn't 100 horse additional. The 2nd gens have plenty of potential, they just start out lower stock than an 05 or 06
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 09:23 PM

o yea and if you want to race off of a light, powerbrake it and build some boost before you take off, if you didn't already know, it makes a world of difference.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

sorry my thread wasnt very easy to understand. the 05 is my dads and its totally stock. what i ment by not towing very much is that its a 16ft flatbed trail with fourwheelers, and maybe a 18ft cattle trailer once in a blue moon and its not more than 50 miles . ya i did know that you can boost and take off better i just didnt say it. soory about the confusion next time i will try to be more clear. any way thanx for the info. and the tranny is still stock, but that shouldnt take long . and yes i will have gauges (egt, fp, boost) before i do this. about that fuel pressure gauge i read that it cant be mounted inside the cab, is this right??
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 01:14 AM

fuel pressure gauge can be mounted inside the cab, but you'll want to get either an electric gauge or you'll need an isolator. I had a leak on mine, outside and it dripped down the line and came in. I definitely wouldn't run fuel inside the cab though. But there are options so that you can mount your F/P in the cab.
Sean

2000 2500 reg. cab 4x4 auto 577hp
09 6.7L QC LB stick, 4x4.

TOTAL PERFORMANCE DIESEL 707-545-FUEL (3835)
www.totalperformancediesel.com
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 01:45 AM

The stage 3's are pretty good for just a little of everything, a buddy of mine had the edge stage 3's with an edge comp and level 4 and 5 it will blow some nice smoke, 1-10 probably like a 6 or 7, And towed his 5th wheel camper with them, and also ran 9.9 in the 1/8 mile with them.

-Charley, 1995 Nissan hardbody, single cab,2.4 i-4, 5spd, straight piped - 4.5in tip, 2x Rockford Fosgate R1's

Quote:
"I Caught that diesel thing, now it stings when I pee"
The Diesel Garage.com
Can You Keep Up??
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 02:00 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

cool you guys answer quesions great!:Thumbup: i never ran down a real drag strip just some in the back roads. is that 1/8 mile in 9.9 good and was that with the comp on. i now the nozzles arent that big i just like to konw a lot of details before i buy (had a banks experince one time )and i like to now a 0-60 if you know it. :thanks: also i read on a nother forum that this could be way to much for my turbo. i dont have gauges but will be for i get them. i just didnot think that the nozzles and hypertech would be to much, but i dont know?
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 02:22 AM

Well if you have and auto you have the HY35, which is the same turbo my buddy has and he is running alot through it and it is holding up really well, for that small of a turbo but it does get hot pretty quick. But it should be fine for a little, and make sure you get gauges soon! That should be one of your first mods.

And the time he had was with the comp on i'm not sure if it was one level 4 or 5. But it was on. The 0-60 time i don't know off the top of my head, i'll ask him next time i see him or maybe he will chime in here (he is akapparos on here) And his time of 9.9 is OK (no offense Alex) if you think about it, it's probably about 16-18 in the 1/4 mile give or take a little.

-Charley, 1995 Nissan hardbody, single cab,2.4 i-4, 5spd, straight piped - 4.5in tip, 2x Rockford Fosgate R1's

Quote:
"I Caught that diesel thing, now it stings when I pee"
The Diesel Garage.com
Can You Keep Up??
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 02:04 PM
TDG Mafia Member #21

Stage 3's will be no problem at all. Stage 4's will be fine as well. The weakest link you have is the tranny. It won't hold very well with mods. The stage 3's with the comp on level one was enough for my tranny to slip. It had 175,000 on it at the time. I would do a t/c and v/b before going above the stage 3's. You could maybe do the stage 4's with the hypertech because of the difference between it and an edge. Put in your gauges, turnbuckle the turbo, and keep an eye on your egt and you will be fine. I am putting in a set of stage 5's and I don't think I will have any problems towing. You just have to feather the right foot according to the terrain.
As far as racing goes, I was on 5x5 and 4x4 at the dragstrip and was turning in the same times more or less. I broke the tires loose on every run and had to stay light on the throttle the whole time because the tires came loose on every shift. With a 4wd your times would have been much better. You will definately kill the 05 with the nozzles and hypertech if the tranny will put it to the ground. GOOD LUCK!

2007 F350 CC 4x4, EGR delete, stock for now

Old truck :"01" Dodge 3500 DRW. Goerend Bros w/ triple disk, Edge Drag Comp, Jammer Stage 5's, Turnbuckle, Dakota Digital and ISSPRO Gauges, BHAF,4" FLO-PRO exhaust, Vulcan kit, Holley Blue Pump, TC Lockup Switch, Snow stage 2, a few more little bits in the works

377hp and 823tq @ Smokin' (with stage 3's/no drag upgrade)
"400" club wannabe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode