I be Architect'n
Join Date: Oct 2006
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
1. $160 for a 55 gal drum of methanol (makes 11 batches)
2. around $55 for a 50 lbs. bag of KOH (number of batches varies per titration, but atleast 20-30 for me)
3. Oil is free
4. Heat is not, varies per processor
5. Water to wash the BioD is not free, but somewhat cheap.
6. My time. Not cheap at all, if I ran the numbers at my per hour billable rate I would probably lose a little bit of money.
Each batch saves me approx. $75 dollars in diesel, but probably costs about $18-$20 to make.
1. Oil is free - if you can find enough
2. Conversion system - $600 for my IDI / $2000 for my Excursion
3. Heat not free, but limited amount I believe to be a wash
4. Filters - around $10 a batch is what I budget, but I use much less
5. Time is much less.
Getting oil is not so hard in someplaces. Here in Asheville, as soon as a new restuarant opens people are in there trying to get the oil, so it's a little difficult around here to get large amounts of oil...unless you have the right contacts.
2K3 EXCURSION 7.3L 4x4 EDDIE BAUER 107K miles as of 06-13-07
AFE Stage II / 4" MBRP exhaust / DP-Tuner F5 (Stock, 60hp Tow, 80hp Econo, 120hp race & High Idle) / Quadzilla Commander/ATS Housing
Running homebrewed BioDiesel and custom SVO kit for 70k miles.:Thumbup:
Misc. Mods: ZooDad/By-Pass Oil Filter/203* T-Stat/Coolant Filter/HPX/CCV Reroute/Tranny Filter/Foil Delete/Stereo Stuff/ITP Reg Return/Non-EBPV Pedistal and Exhaust Housing/Adjustable Waste Gate Controller/
"If you love your motorcycle, set it free. If it comes back to you it was probably a high-side."
I'LL TRY TO KEEP UP, BUT THE EXCURSION IS A BIG GIRL AND BIG GIRLS DON'T LIKE TO MOVE FAST.