Cracked wheel - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by sstockton, this thread has received 2 replies and been viewed 594 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

Cracked wheel

I came out last night and my tire was flat, so I pulled it, and when checking for spares I noticed that the wheel was cracked, on the inside right at the bead. Its a bummer so I was just seeing if any of you knew someone selling a take off or set of take offs. The local dodge dealer told me 450 for a wheel, and for that price I think I would rather get aftermarket wheels. I do like the stock ones though, so if you know of any let me know.

Also has anyone had this happen before. I don't know when it happened, I had the truck off road about a week ago, but nothing rough. It was low yesterday morning so I filled it, and then it drained pretty quickly, over the next 4 hrs I'd say. If these wheels are inherently weak I'll probably look into a better set.
Thanks,
Sean

2000 2500 reg. cab 4x4 auto 577hp
09 6.7L QC LB stick, 4x4.

TOTAL PERFORMANCE DIESEL 707-545-FUEL (3835)
www.totalperformancediesel.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 08:48 PM

yes i had 2 wheels that was the same. i got 4 that are perfect off my truck. i dont think the wheels are weak but i think dodge had a problem with them cracking on the bead. i think they would exhange the wheels under warranty but who is still under warranty but the ones i have may have some scratches but are in good shape....

Josh

01 2500 dodge 24 valve 200k miles, striaght pipe exhaust, bully dog j-hook,home made cold air intake,Full Georend tranny,billet input,billet output,lam flex plate, TQ lock-up switch, Holley Blue pump, RV275's, BD top speed elimintator w/RAD Hot Edge juice w/Attitude
:smoke
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Well a buddy just found me a complete set with 4 new 33's on them as well for $425 within 3 miles of my house, so I'm pretty stoked on that right now. anyways, thanks.
Sean

2000 2500 reg. cab 4x4 auto 577hp
09 6.7L QC LB stick, 4x4.

TOTAL PERFORMANCE DIESEL 707-545-FUEL (3835)
www.totalperformancediesel.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode