injection pump- stock or aftermarket - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Cummins4Dmax, this thread has received 2 replies and been viewed 691 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-04-2006, 02:22 AM Thread Starter

injection pump- stock or aftermarket

I got a 2002 Ram 2500 4x4, crew cab.... its have some stuff done to it already when i bought it like a scotty air intake, 4in magnaflow exhaust, leveling kit, 315/75/16s. I plan on trying to make decent power with it and my injection pump is on the way out. should i go with a stock one or and aftermarket one with a better fuel pump. im new to the diesel scene so any advise is helpful. i was looking at this injection pump from scheid diesel. ( google it because it wont let me at a url) sorry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-04-2006, 02:58 AM
TDG Mafia Member #21

Go with the Scheid's or an Industrial Injection pump and make sure you replace the lift pump with a better unit. Gauges are a must also. At the very least get a fuel pressure gauge so you will know if the lift pump is dead or dying before it fries your injection pump again.

2007 F350 CC 4x4, EGR delete, stock for now

Old truck :"01" Dodge 3500 DRW. Goerend Bros w/ triple disk, Edge Drag Comp, Jammer Stage 5's, Turnbuckle, Dakota Digital and ISSPRO Gauges, BHAF,4" FLO-PRO exhaust, Vulcan kit, Holley Blue Pump, TC Lockup Switch, Snow stage 2, a few more little bits in the works

377hp and 823tq @ Smokin' (with stage 3's/no drag upgrade)
"400" club wannabe
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-04-2006, 03:31 AM

Try some Marvel Mystery Oil for a few tanks. Not saying it'll solve your problem but mine seemed to act better after it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode