High speed sometimes low speed vibration - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by masonjo, this thread has received 2 replies and been viewed 1128 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-07-2006, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

High speed sometimes low speed vibration

I was just wondering if anyone had a vibration they couldnt figure out. the only thing i really havent done is buy new tires but i will soon find out if thats the problem balanceing tires doesnt make a difference ball joints wheelbearing are good. ive heard that tourque converters can cuase a vibration has anyone had a tourque converter cause a vibration. the vibration is in and out, worst around 70 mph sometime come in at around 50mph. just curious to see if anyone esle has a vibration. Thanks:splat

Josh

01 2500 dodge 24 valve 200k miles, striaght pipe exhaust, bully dog j-hook,home made cold air intake,Full Georend tranny,billet input,billet output,lam flex plate, TQ lock-up switch, Holley Blue pump, RV275's, BD top speed elimintator w/RAD Hot Edge juice w/Attitude
:smoke
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-07-2006, 06:50 PM

My friend was having the torque converter lock up vibration problem. The dodge tech had him lightly apply the brake while driving along and the vibration went away. as soon as he let of the brake the vibration would come back. Its worth a shot I guess. He went crazy trying to figure it out, and even switched to a 1 piece drive shaft. Anyways, try applying the brake while moving, see if that is your problem.
Sean

2000 2500 reg. cab 4x4 auto 577hp
09 6.7L QC LB stick, 4x4.

TOTAL PERFORMANCE DIESEL 707-545-FUEL (3835)
www.totalperformancediesel.com
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 03:27 PM

yeah in my powerstroke the fly wheel was ot of balance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode