What Size Injector? Stock Turbo, Drag Comp - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by OFFRODEN, this thread has received 6 replies and been viewed 4967 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

What Size Injector? Stock Turbo, Drag Comp

not for towing, 98.5 24v, intake and 4" exhaust, stock turbo, what is the biggest injector i should run?

1998.5 24v QUAD CAB 4X4 CUMMINS 5spd , DRAG COMP, , FASS 150, , ATS 4", INTAKE, 150 jammers, clutch, guages
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 07:16 PM
TDG Mafia Member #21

I would stay at 150hp or lower with a stock turbo. It will still get real hot real quick but is managable. Make sure you have an egt gauge before any upgrade. You are probably already pushing it with just the box.

If your clutch is slipping already you are going to cook it with the injectors installed. I would fix that first.

2007 F350 CC 4x4, EGR delete, stock for now

Old truck :"01" Dodge 3500 DRW. Goerend Bros w/ triple disk, Edge Drag Comp, Jammer Stage 5's, Turnbuckle, Dakota Digital and ISSPRO Gauges, BHAF,4" FLO-PRO exhaust, Vulcan kit, Holley Blue Pump, TC Lockup Switch, Snow stage 2, a few more little bits in the works

377hp and 823tq @ Smokin' (with stage 3's/no drag upgrade)
"400" club wannabe
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

the clutch and gauges are on the way, im just planning ahead.

1998.5 24v QUAD CAB 4X4 CUMMINS 5spd , DRAG COMP, , FASS 150, , ATS 4", INTAKE, 150 jammers, clutch, guages
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 09:04 PM
Banned

I had a bluechip on my 24 valve stock turbo and an intake and i ran a set of scheids 150 horse injectors, my egts climbed fast, but were able to stay under control if you drive with some sense. I later installed bored the motor .30 and added arias pistons that were flycut and put in a billet cam and lifter set from scheid and could not hit over 1200 empty running it as hard as i could go. IF you want to make a great amount of power and keep egts down i would definitly recommend a cam with big injectors.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by detailman
I had a bluechip on my 24 valve stock turbo and an intake and i ran a set of scheids 150 horse injectors, my egts climbed fast, but were able to stay under control if you drive with some sense. I later installed bored the motor .30 and added arias pistons that were flycut and put in a billet cam and lifter set from scheid and could not hit over 1200 empty running it as hard as i could go. IF you want to make a great amount of power and keep egts down i would definitly recommend a cam with big injectors.
could you keep it hammered all the way down the 1/4 mile with your box turned all the way up with your blue chip and 150 injectors?

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 11:11 PM

Toyzilla,

I would go with some Jammer stage 5's. A cheap 150 HP injector but still very good quality. We actually install them on bodies here and pop test them to ensure they are working right and then send them out to you. That way you don't have to tear apart your injectors and worry about getting them tested. Let me know if you would like some pricing.

Performance Diesel Motorsports

5,500 RPM Common Rail Anyone??
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 04:54 AM

Well what you can run and what you can make power with are two different things. If you're going to be upgrading the turbo or throwing in a cam like detailman said. I've seen people run mach 6's on a stock turbo and be alright if they just watched their gauges, but you aren't getting all that power (a ton of smoke though). Anyways, with a comp box and a stock turbo, I would say 100hp is about the max you'll keep making power with. You could throw in 150's but you'd probably only see another 10-20hp with them, would be my guess. If you plan on buying a turbo down the road then go ahead and spend the money. If not, then I would say save yourself some money and go with smaller injectors 100hp or so.
Sean

2000 2500 reg. cab 4x4 auto 577hp
09 6.7L QC LB stick, 4x4.

TOTAL PERFORMANCE DIESEL 707-545-FUEL (3835)
www.totalperformancediesel.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode