The Diesel Garage banner

HTB2 and Super stock

3K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  bad_cummins 
#1 ·
I was looking at some of the high tec turbos, I was just wondering what is the difference between the 62/14 and the super stock 62/14 turbo.

#3 ·
the main differences are, New improved oil draining, twin ported wastegate, adjustable boost pressure regulator, and the 71mm turbine wheel Vs. the 65mm. According to HTT the larger wheel has a touch slower intial spool up, but once it starts to spool it will spool faster, and it keeps EGT's upto a couple hundred degrees lower during hard acceleration or under heavy load. The super stock is like having a 62mm compressor and twin ported wastegate on a Killer B2. Either would be a nice turbo, what injectors do you want to run? The Super stock will keep you cooler, but if you aren't running a pretty good size injector, you could probably save some money and keep cool enough running the street stock.
Sean

#4 ·
I will be running about a 100 horse injector, probably mach 2's, not set in stone yet on those however i really like the mach series injector. I will also be upgrading my juice with attitude to the hott box, and a new clutch before any of this happens it already slips now. By chance would anybody like to make a guess at the horsepower it will make after the mach 2's, the hott code and the super stock 62/14.

#5 ·
With that set up, I think that you'd be plenty cool running the street stock (Htb2 62/14). I'm going to say that you'll probably be close to the 400hp mark, You will definitely need to upgrade your Fuel system as well. It also really depends on the dyno you are on as well. I've seen a truck go from a 468 on one dyno to a 419 on the next. The figures at the track put it closer to the 530hp range. Its really hard to say.
Sean

#6 ·
Okay thanks, a little more help if possible, what kind of boost differences are we talkin between the 12cm housing and the 14cm housing, or is it just a matter of spoolup time. And also you said I should be plenty cool with just the HTB2 but would I be better to run the super stock or in my case would it just be a money difference.

#7 ·
oh I forgot you were lookin at 12cm's when I through out the 14cm idea. The main difference between the two 12 and 14 that is will be spool up and EGT's EGT's will be a little cooler up top on the 14cm but spool up will take a touch longer. I'd say stick with the 12cm because those aren't big injectors and you aren't going to be running around with the box on the highest setting all the time. Between the two turbos, either will cool really well for your truck, you aren't going to be having heat issues with mach 2's, I'd guess around 1300 max. The main difference between the two in your case is going to be spool up. The Super stock starts spooling a touch later, but will build boost faster. The Street stock will start in a little sooner but won't build boost quite as quickly. Money is the main difference IMO, you are only looking at about $200 more for the Super Stock, I was thinking it was a bigger difference. Realizing that, I'd go with the super stock, it will still spool fine for you and it will leave you plenty of room to grow as well. So either way.
A Street stock will leave you room to grow as well, but not nearly as much. For a drag racing application I think you could easily get away with mach 4's in this set up.
Sean

#9 ·
Awww s@#$ man no need to apoligize, I would like to hear what everyone has to say, at least you said you really didn't know what the difference was, thanks for the replies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.