Started Conversion - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Dazedandconfused, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 759 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Man

Started Conversion

Well after mowing grass all day and ordering parts I started tearing my truck apart. After about 3 hours of taking my time I got it tore apart. Tranny is sitting next to it, I still have some things to remove that I don't need anymore. Hopefully tomorrow my bearings will be in from South Bend and my transmission mount will be in. I'm hoping to have it back in one piece tomorrow so I can get the drive shaft done before Friday and have it back on the road. I forgot how much of a pain it was getting to those TQ bolts. Truck being hot when I started didn't help either. So Monday I pack up the auto and it is on its way to a new home. So far I have no money in this conversion and I'm liking that.

Andy

04 Duramax
93 Dodge D-250
91 Dodge D-350
84 Dodge D-150
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 04:17 AM

Are you converting to a manual from an auto. What exactly is involved as far as parts to convert it over. My buddy found a good deal on an 01 but it's an auto and a manual and he ask me if it's worth converting but I thought it was a real pain in the neck. If you could fill me in....it might be worth it.

01 Qc Cummins 4x4 long box, edge attitude with juice (HOT!!), 4" exhaust, afe stage 2 intake, HTB2 62/12, banks intake pleum, bully dog big fuel kit, stage three jammers, southbend 3250 DD, BD Blow off valve. PDR master and slave cylinder upgrade. Sold

2006 mega cab 4x4 auto. Stock for now.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Man
Threadstarter

Yeah I'm converting to a NV4500. The trans I got was out of a 94 so I had to order the new style clutch master cylinder assembly for mine. The biggest pain so far has been finding a pilot bearing which I hope to have later today and my Driveshaft made. So far I have no money in my conversion and we will see if that last. I will do a write up on it when I'm done.

Andy

04 Duramax
93 Dodge D-250
91 Dodge D-350
84 Dodge D-150
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Man
Threadstarter

Well here are a few pics since I finished it up. They are under the updated pics on the second and third page. My truck pics

Andy

04 Duramax
93 Dodge D-250
91 Dodge D-350
84 Dodge D-150

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode