changing out injector lines? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by CumminsISB, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 820 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 07:20 AM Thread Starter

changing out injector lines?

Would it be a good idea to put bigger injector lines feeding the Vp? I have plenty of pressure, I just want to make sure its not gonig to go bad on me..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 04:29 PM

Lines feeding the VP? Your FASS should've come with the big line kit. And if you aren't drawing the pressure down too low at WOT then you are fine and getting enough fuel. The VP's don't burn up because of lack of lubrication, there is a little pin (for lack of a better word) inside that will move around and ream out the housing around it when subjected to low pressure. Once the housing is enlarged which doesn't take much, the pin stays sloppy, even at proper pressure, and full advance on timing can't be achieved, and eventually it gets bad enough the truck won't run right.
If you have good pressure, your vp is fine from that angle. There are other ways that it will eventually die though, so don't worry it will go out on you someday, its a pump they do that.
Sean

2000 2500 reg. cab 4x4 auto 577hp
09 6.7L QC LB stick, 4x4.

TOTAL PERFORMANCE DIESEL 707-545-FUEL (3835)
www.totalperformancediesel.com
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I didnt put the Fass on.. It was there when I got the truck, The only thing I put on was the smarty, and tranny, I bough the truck as sits. Its probaly ragged out! So Im still finding out new things about it, I just sold my 12v, The 24v is new too me. So your saying a big line kit should have came with the FASS?
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 06:33 PM

If it is the Fass that has the filters, then yes. I don't know if the standalone Fass does or not. The next question would be how the person who installed the fass installed it, if it is the one with the filters. Most people just completely scrap the stock filter housing and lift pump and run the Fass directly to the VP. If this is the case, as it should be, you should see a blue fuel hose running into the inlet port on the vp, this is the same blue hose that comes off the FASS. However, I have seen people just run the line from the FASS to the stock lift pump, then keep the factory hard fuel line from the filter housing to the VP. In this case, you may want to add a big line from the Filter housing to the VP. Or if your FASS is the one with filters just get some line and reroute it straight to the VP itself. This won't really change your pressure, but it will help provide much better flow to support your mods and help to keep that fuel a touch cooler as well.
Sean

2000 2500 reg. cab 4x4 auto 577hp
09 6.7L QC LB stick, 4x4.

TOTAL PERFORMANCE DIESEL 707-545-FUEL (3835)
www.totalperformancediesel.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode