Overhaul w/ HO Pistons? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Smokem, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 926 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 11:08 PM Thread Starter

Overhaul w/ HO Pistons?

Just wondering if this is possible?
I'm wondering because I guess the HO pistons bump up the compression ratio from 16.3:1 all the way to 17.1:1. I was wondering if this was possible on a Non HO motor like mine (98 24v) And anything else to add compression.

Headgaskets??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 11:12 PM

hmm. most people go the other way when it comes to compression. I would imagine that H.O. pistons would work, I don't know why they wouldn't, but don't take that for fact.
Sean

2000 2500 reg. cab 4x4 auto 577hp
09 6.7L QC LB stick, 4x4.

TOTAL PERFORMANCE DIESEL 707-545-FUEL (3835)
www.totalperformancediesel.com
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstockton
hmm. most people go the other way when it comes to compression. I would imagine that H.O. pistons would work, I don't know why they wouldn't, but don't take that for fact.
Sean
Right, your right. I'm just wanting to bump up the compression for fuel economy.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 11:53 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I think this would be a good route for some that doesn't plan on adding much boost. I dunno I'm throwing idea around, if I overhaul my engine I wouldn't mind bumping up the compression in the name of fuel economy because it does so good already, I wouldn't mind maxing it out.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 01:33 AM

Do an H.O. pump and injectors as well, I'm not sure if you need different programming to run that pump or not though. That would be really nice. But you would have a cool set up, an H.O. motor with an auto, the higher O/D would probably make for even better fuel economy.
Sean

2000 2500 reg. cab 4x4 auto 577hp
09 6.7L QC LB stick, 4x4.

TOTAL PERFORMANCE DIESEL 707-545-FUEL (3835)
www.totalperformancediesel.com
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 05:00 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Ya I've been getting wild ideas like that. Also thinking about the issue of Diesel power mag where they take a 2wd housing out for a 4wd housing just to bolt up another O/D by gearvenders. I need a new I/P anyways so I got the gears turning now. Is that HO pump alot better?

Build my truck in the name of fuel economy, even though I don't do much driving any more, but if I decide to do runs across the country, I know I'll have a truck to do it with. My fuel economy in the summer already is blowing me away, it was sucky in the winter and great now that it's summer. But I still have room to work with it seems. Is there a headgasket I can get to raise compression as well, or is stock the best for high compression.

EDIT: I still got to get 4x4 Cummins for the winter, but I think I might keep this one and just have 2 Cummins one for fuel economy. One for winter/ a over all nicer one; mine now is kind of junky. But it runs like a beast.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode