ATS vs Sun Coast - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by 1911 Guy, this thread has received 6 replies and been viewed 1181 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 01:45 AM Thread Starter

ATS vs Sun Coast

Right now im running the race edition VB from ATS and am having trouble with getting converter lockup under throttle infact it wont ever lockup under throttle i have to totaly let off the pedle for a second then get back on it. ATS knows this and said they would send me another. Well its been three weeks and still no VB. Ive called atleast five times and left messages, but they dont ever call back. It seems they dont care. I called Sun Coast and the feller there seemed very eager to get me one out the door that day. So my question to you guys running a Sun Coast VB or have had both which one you like better? The reason i did not go with Sun Coast in the first place was i heard they shift very hard, and an ATS is a lil smoother. I can tell you my ATS VB will shift hard enough to break the tires loose in 2nd & 3rd but if ATS isnt willing to provide tech support when needed then i dont really care for them. Just post your thoughts and opinions please. I dont wanna hear about Goerand bros or any others just theese two. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 06:50 AM

My experiences with ATS have been that there stuff breaks and unless you are really persistant and have spent a bit of money with them they are no help. Suncoast is IMO a better product and has better customer service. However, I haven't personally logged enough miles with either to really say. This is mostly based on what a few of my close friends have experienced. Trucks that I have driven and riden in, butdidn't drive day in day out for months so take it for what its worth, I wouldn't go with ATS though.
Sean

2000 2500 reg. cab 4x4 auto 577hp
09 6.7L QC LB stick, 4x4.

TOTAL PERFORMANCE DIESEL 707-545-FUEL (3835)
www.totalperformancediesel.com
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 03:22 PM

IMO Suncoast is way better.. I had to have a transmission pronto when mine completely locked up! I called Suncoast and they said that they could have it in here in 3 days! (They did) I called ATS and they didnt even have a fully built transmission ready! Why advertise your product if you cant get one here in a few days! Not downing ATS... I run their Aurora 5000 and I love it and will buy another one if it goes. But Suncoast is the way to go on transmissions. they do great business and I havent had any issues with the suncoast and lockup is very firm good tranny!!!!
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 05:00 PM
Bouncer

IMO Suncoast or Goerend are the two top options.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 08:56 PM

Ya Suncoast will save you money too, I know!!!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 08:59 PM

What does anybody think about the new VB they have out?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 06:45 AM

I heard that thew new valve body is really good.! When I ordered mine they pretty much as me what I wanted to do, and what all upgrades I had and they built it to that specification for no extra charge. Since my turbo takes longer to light there is a different stall.. And I heard that they have 5 disc convertors now too! I bet that has a very firm shift

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode