Stanadyne Fuel additive - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by 02sprtcumns, this thread has received 23 replies and been viewed 1667 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 01:53 AM Thread Starter

Stanadyne Fuel additive

Im a running marvel right now and love it. But I heard that the best is Stanadyne is this true? If its better than marvel im changing, but if it isnt then ill just stick to the marvel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 02:00 AM

Stanadyne is great

I run stanadyne right now and it works awesome. And judging by the stuff put into stanadyne and mmo I would take stanadyne any day. To be honest I think mmo would wear down your fuel pumps faster. I just order stanadyne from geno's garage online. I am pretty sure if you are using mmo you might as well put paint thinner in your fuel. So ya not to be an ***** but i would be afraid to use mmo. I dont know a whole lot though so maybe if some other tdg guys chime in they might be more informative. But I have learned a little (2 lift pumps and a couple hundred dollars later that is)
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 02:16 AM
TDG Mafia Member #73

I know I am a Ford but if I may... Stanadyn is awesome stuff. I have been running it in my PSD's for years. Just make sure you stay away from anything that lists itself as anti-gel. You MPG will crash big time. If you want the best in lubrication, use 2 stroke oil. Match it 1oz/gallon or a tick more.
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyjustin42
I run stanadyne right now and it works awesome. And judging by the stuff put into stanadyne and mmo I would take stanadyne any day. To be honest I think mmo would wear down your fuel pumps faster. I just order stanadyne from geno's garage online. I am pretty sure if you are using mmo you might as well put paint thinner in your fuel. So ya not to be an ***** but i would be afraid to use mmo. I dont know a whole lot though so maybe if some other tdg guys chime in they might be more informative. But I have learned a little (2 lift pumps and a couple hundred dollars later that is)

I use Marvel every tank because that's what keeeps my injection pump running. Now will it wear down a fuel pump? I don't know my fuel doesn't work, but I don't know what wears down a fuel pump. So you might be on to something. Is it like running paint thinner, unlikely. As for Stanadyne, diffently good stuff. But too expesive to run I think. Stanadyne does the same for me that Marvel does, for me at least.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 03:52 AM

I use MMO every tank with a little PS grey for cetane.

Woodyjustin42, Please offer some back up to your claim of of MMO being similar to paint thinner as well some sort of documentation supporting the concept that using MMO " will wear down the fuel pump".
I mean if all this is possible I wil cease using MMO immediately and switch to the almighty stanadynes, which I don't doubt is good stuff just nearly impossible to find where I live.

06 Ram 2500,4X4 QC Laramie,
Not that stock Canadian club member #4
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 11:51 AM
Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfranks
I use MMO every tank with a little PS grey for cetane.

Woodyjustin42, Please offer some back up to your claim of of MMO being similar to paint thinner as well some sort of documentation supporting the concept that using MMO " will wear down the fuel pump".
I mean if all this is possible I wil cease using MMO immediately and switch to the almighty stanadynes, which I don't doubt is good stuff just nearly impossible to find where I live.
Courtesy of TDG's Mopar1973Man, here is a link to extensive info on various fuel additives. There is a material safety data sheet for MMO, it is essentially paint thinner.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~mopar197..._cycle_oil.htm
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 05:56 PM

Well MOpar 1973 man took care of the documentation.

Sorry if I came off as cutting mmo down, didnt mean to. If it works for you use it. Just in my experience with diesel's the things in mmo would scare me to use it. You can look at the msds sheet and make your own educated decision. As for any documented proof of it wearing stuff down I dont have that. So not to bash mmo or anything, I am just saying after seeing what is in it I would not use it. As for stanadyne you can order it off any number of online shops. I usually order about 10 bottles at A time.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 05:59 PM

one more thing

As far as 2 stroke oil goes for lubrication, I dont think you can beat it. Plus you definitely cant beat the price. Just make sure you dont use synthetic 2 stroke.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 10:52 PM

Heck I'm just gonna start putting paint thinner in my truck then............Because MMO is what keeps it running. And if MMO is like Paint thinner, well then paint thinnner time! I get that stuff for free........

(I'm not really gonna put paint thinner in it)
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad
Courtesy of TDG's Mopar1973Man, here is a link to extensive info on various fuel additives. There is a material safety data sheet for MMO, it is essentially paint thinner.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~mopar197..._cycle_oil.htm

You beat me to it ....

I've been running 2 stroke for about the last 8 or so tanks and it DEFINATELY sounds a lot better !! Just having the piece of mind of knowing that my engine is well lubricated is priceless.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode